Pembroke area conditions???

shawnj

Just currious what the area trails are like in the area up towards Barry's Bay or Rolphton. Hope to get up for a few days next week. Thanks.

Just currious what the area trails are like in the area up towards Barry's Bay or Rolphton. Hope to get up for a few days next week. Thanks.

We have opened all but a couple of our trails now and are grooming our regular schedule in the Killaloe/ Golden Lake/ Round Lake areas. The big snow storm left us 8 to 12 innches all through the area and most clubs are grooming in full force.

bmax

Ok thanks Bmax. I didn't know if you got much of this snow up your way. I will check back again first of week with you. You or anyone happen to know of anyone that rents cottage on or real close to trails up there? Thanks again.

Ok thanks Bmax. I didn't know if you got much of this snow up your way. I will check back again first of week with you. You or anyone happen to know of anyone that rents cottage on or real close to trails up there? Thanks again.

Try Sands on Golden Lake, 613 625 2525 trail B101A goes through their yard and they are big supporters of our local club,

bmax

Try Sands on Golden Lake, 613 625 2525 trail B101A goes through their yard and they are big supporters of our local club,

bmax

Ok great thanks. Was kind of looking for even a private rental also pet friendly.

Thanks. How's trails holding up with mild weather.

Dad and I headed out from Pembroke on the B trail down to Barrys Bay and then came back on the B102 through Killaloe and Golden Lake yesterday. The trail conditions weren't the greatest on the Barrys Bay end, but they were seeing lots of traffic. Could use more snow to fill in those bare spots and exposed stones. The trail from Killaloe back up to the B trail was in great shape and hadn't seen a lot of traffic. If you are trying to decide which location to go to, I would recommend the Rolphton area. They definitely have more snow to work with and the trails are in top shape since they don't see as much traffic. If you are heading up that way, make sure to stop in and see Richie and Leanne at Yate's General Store in Stonecliffe 613-586-2508. They would worth a phone call to find out about a cottage rental. If you need more info, just let me know. Enjoy the trails and Happy Riding

Dad and I headed out from Pembroke on the B trail down to Barrys Bay and then came back on the B102 through Killaloe and Golden Lake yesterday. The trail conditions weren't the greatest on the Barrys Bay end, but they were seeing lots of traffic. Could use more snow to fill in those bare spots and exposed stones. The trail from Killaloe back up to the B trail was in great shape and hadn't seen a lot of traffic. If you are trying to decide which location to go to, I would recommend the Rolphton area. They definitely have more snow to work with and the trails are in top shape since they don't see as much traffic. If you are heading up that way, make sure to stop in and see Richie and Leanne at Yate's General Store in Stonecliffe 613-586-2508. They would worth a phone call to find out about a cottage rental. If you need more info, just let me know. Enjoy the trails and Happy Riding

What is the trail like that heads from Petawawa to Rolphton? Is there any snow in forecast between now and next weekend?? Thanks for the info.

Did the area get anymore snow lately?

Want to ride Barrys Bay end of month. Is it worth booking a place ? Sounds like the trails are so so ? Can anyone advise ?

Hey Shawnj,

Dad did another trip out around Barry's Bay and the trails were in much better shape after a fresh grooming. As for Pembroke, through Petawawa, and to Rolphton, I haven't done it yet, but generally it is a good trail where you not running the ditches. Sometimes it is worth the drive to trailer to Rolphton. We are heading to Rolphton and north this weekend--Will keep you posted on what the trails are like.

We came up Thursday and will be riding for a few days. Did 110kms last nite ans was good goin. Did the railbee to B101a around the B102 I think and back to petawawa. Not a terrible amount of snow but they do a great job here with what they have and same goes for down around Golden Lake area although haven't been yet this trip. Going to Rolphton today.

Hey Shawnj,

Dad did another trip out around Barry's Bay and the trails were in much better shape after a fresh grooming. As for Pembroke, through Petawawa, and to Rolphton, I haven't done it yet, but generally it is a good trail where you not running the ditches. Sometimes it is worth the drive to trailer to Rolphton. We are heading to Rolphton and north this weekend--Will keep you posted on what the trails are like.

Yea or just to the deep river Tim Horton. behind there is parking lot and the trail goes through there.

Just went to rolphton and back. Not too bad of trails. A bit thin in spots. Will do it again in a couple days and take some of the back trails. Might try the barrys bay run Saturday. How's the trail coming out of golden lake the newer one. Is it rocky. ?

Just went to rolphton and back. Not too bad of trails. A bit thin in spots. Will do it again in a couple days and take some of the back trails. Might try the barrys bay run Saturday. How's the trail coming out of golden lake the newer one. Is it rocky. ?

We spent almost 20 K on gravel again this year on the ROCKY trail trying to cover stones, it is a slow process that has no road access so it's one bucket at a time with a 4 wd backhoe, the MNR wouldn't allow us access until after deer season so we had 2 weeks of wet weather then the only big snow fall so far came and we had to pull the equipment out with about 1/2 of the worst section gravelled. Hopefully we can come up with enough money to finish the project next summer.This would all be a non issue if we could only get some decent snow falls. All that said our guys do a hell of a job on keeping these trails in good shape with what we have to work with and the fact that our grooming crew is 100% Volunteer.

bmax

We just came back from that way Bmax. Yes the guys do always do a great job with what they have to work with. I could see an improvement in the Rocky part too from last year. We put 185kms on today. Tried to go across to Barrys Bay but it got real nasty on the B trails just past the trail that would take you to Round Lake. We ended up backtracking and gone across Round Lake to Wilno to Golden Lake and back to Petawawa. All in all pretty good again today.

270 kms today. Went from Petawawa to Deep River and took the 136 and came out in Rolphton. Gased up and fed the hungry belly and went back up west on A trail and did most of the loops between Rolphton and other side of Stonecliff. The back trails were flat and awsome, the A trail west of Rolphton was excellent. Hardly A track down since it was groomed in the nite. Only bad spot was the A trail from west of Petawawa all the way to Rollphton or close to it. Well over 700kms in last few days and I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Me and some buddies are heading up to dorset on wednesday to do the R.A.P, not sure if its looking good with the rain coming thursday and friday? damm.

We drove home this morning and when we left Petawawa it wa snowing and by the time we hit Pembroke it turned to RAIN and RAINED all the way home. Crappy. Won't be good up there in spots if they don't get more snow now.

If we get the +6 and +10 that is in the forecast for thursday and friday we will likely have to close the trails, that will mean 2 whole weeks so far of open trails for our club, hardly seems worth the effort any more.

bmax

Wow eh two weeks thats it? I thought these trails have been open for a while now?

Archived