Golden lake/Eganville/Griffith

Hi all,

I was considering a Saturday run from home in Pembroke to Golden Lake via B101A, cross Golden Lake, left to Eganville, then on to Griffith via the E102. The OFSC site is showing this route to be Limited, I was wondering if anyone here has been on these trails and if it is worthwhile? Is Golden lake staked?

On another note, I noticed the trail runs close to Lake Clear on the south end but doesn't quite go to the lake...is there road access to the lake from this trail? I know there is a public launch to the lake in this general area...

Thanks!

Shayne

Golden Lake is staked, The B101A is limited , some areas are pretty good but the Deacon end over the mountain is poor for a couple klicks, there is not a lot of snow on the ground out here.

bmax

B101a golden lake to Eganville is still limited at this time we still have a few rough spots but in all not bad. S.C.S.A 119 from Eganville to the Top A is also listed for the same reasons but mink lake is staked.

As for the E102 it has been reopend after landowner problems and the eganville club has groomed up to the opeongo road but is also limited.The last i heard was that the griffith club could not get down to the opeongo because of not enough snow cover. This section is Very Rocky and requires alot of snow for the groomer to get though with out breaking things. As for getting on to lake clear that can be done from a number of roads that the trail crosses. But I would say SAY OFF this lake as the ice is very poor. I work with several people that live on the lake and they say the ice go's from 8" to nothing in a matter of feet. A few locals have even lost a.t.v.s this year through the ice . So I would say STAY OFF.

Hope you have a good ride . I also hope to get out and ride this area this weekend.

Thanks Brian & Art, I will pick another run for Saturday, and will attempt this when we get some more snow.

Hey bmax or others, is 150 open from wilno north to round lake? OFSC site shows it closed, would like to go to pem from lk st peter on sat and really like that route. Thanks for any info.

Hey bmax or others, is 150 open from wilno north to round lake? OFSC site shows it closed, would like to go to pem from lk st peter on sat and really like that route. Thanks for any info.

SCSA 150 should be shown as limited we sent the groomer through there yesterday but it is not great by any means and about 2km of plowed road to boot.

bmax

Ok thanks for the info we might be better to just stay on B trail all the way.

Archived