MapSherpa

b-bry

Has anyone downloaded a pdf version of a trail map? I thought I'd try it back before New Year's. The software on MapSherpa's website glitched and I got an error message and no download. They billed my credit card for the download. I've tried emailing them with no reply.

I post this as a warning - be careful dealing with them. I got burned!

Thanks for the heads up.

Did you report this to the OFSC that MapSherpa is scamming their members? I'd do it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Did you report this to the OFSC that MapSherpa is scamming their members? I'd do it.

Follow-up: I emailed MapSherpa again & advised them I'd bring the matter to the attention of OFSC. I got a reply & apparently a refund to my Mastercard. I haven't been able to confirm the refund yet, but I trust it's there.

Just wanted to complete the story...

Thanks for the update.

With the complaints about the OFSC's "affiliates", I wonder how rushed things have been. Did they just hire these outfits on the basis of their online reputation or was some actual research done?

Did RedPine in the US have to be hired? Could a Canadian company not been found & the items sold thru the OFSC (or whoever handles the online permit sales)?

Thanks for the update.

With the complaints about the OFSC's "affiliates", I wonder how rushed things have been. Did they just hire these outfits on the basis of their online reputation or was some actual research done?

Did RedPine in the US have to be hired? Could a Canadian company not been found & the items sold thru the OFSC (or whoever handles the online permit sales)?

At least MapSherpa is Canadian...

As for Red Pine, he has been selling Ontario Sled maps for a few years now, I downloaded the free version few years back before I found this board. The free version had just tracks no POI database, but the map was full of wholes, very incomplete.

This maybe the first year they stepped up their product to get the OFSC stamp of approval. I'm sure their maps are nothing more than submitted GPS tracks like Reved's map is. Or it very well could be Reved's map that Red Pine just downloaded from here and added to his own and is now selling it back to us. Which thinking about that makes me turn red with anger that some one would take the free version that a lot of people helped to create then turn around and sell it back to OFSC members.

Maybe it would be a good idea if Reved added some bogus tracks somewhere or something to help identify his map from others.

Does anyone have a copy if this software? I'd love to see a screen shot of D3, we all know from other post that the trails around Brighton and the County are all messed up on the website. I would be interested to see if Red Pine did any better.

Archived