Staking Lakes?

Have the clubs started staking any of the lakes in the McKellar/Dunchurch area? Specifically Manitowabing and the surrounding area. Looking to set something up in the future and since the cottage is on the lake, I need access to get to the trails. OFSC site still shows them as closed. How much ice is up there? Thanks a bunch guys.

Have the clubs started staking any of the lakes in the McKellar/Dunchurch area? Specifically Manitowabing and the surrounding area. Looking to set something up in the future and since the cottage is on the lake, I need access to get to the trails. OFSC site still shows them as closed. How much ice is up there? Thanks a bunch guys.

They are riding the lake but no stakes and the trails aren't open at either end of the lake but I heard they were packing some last weekend. But still closed the Mckellar trails are always one of the last to open.

They are riding the lake but no stakes and the trails aren't open at either end of the lake but I heard they were packing some last weekend. But still closed the Mckellar trails are always one of the last to open.

Hello Tcat - Welcome to the forum. And thanks for that local information; we thrive on that sort of reporting here.

Hello Tcat - Welcome to the forum. And thanks for that local information; we thrive on that sort of reporting here.

Actually I have been here since the forum started I just read never posted.

Usually what I need to know is there and me adding things is not needed.

Actually I have been here since the forum started I just read never posted.

Usually what I need to know is there and me adding things is not needed.

Glad you joined in. The more info the better. If you are out think about taking a pic or two and sharing the trail shots with us.

Thanks guys. I know McKellar usually opens late but I'm trying to plan a week off work to do some riding and want to make sure the lakes are good. When they are good, the rest of the trails are usually green and good to go. Still alot of red on the map and some yellow. Do they just need more snow or cold weather? "They are riding the lake but no stakes" I always wait till it's staked to be safe.

Can't wait any longer, booked next weekend off to do some riding finally. Hope the trails are open or its gonna be riding the lake behind the cottage all weekend. :banghead:

I spoke to someone from the club Tuesday they said the trails have been ready for over a week but signage was not up to requirements so they could not open. I see the have opened now.

I will be heading up for the next 4 weekends!!!

Archived