ORILLIA TO EAST SIDE OF ALGONQUIN

lastzrt

Hey Folks, I thought this might be an appropriate area of the forum to ask for some trip route recomendations.

We are doing a RAP tour beginning Jan. 28th From home, and planning to go around the park counter clock-wise for this trip. Leg 2 will be from Wiarton to Orillia on a Saturday with a reservation for Saturday night.

Leg 3 will be Orillia East towards Whitney/Barrys Bay area. Would this be a reasonable expectation on a Sunday? Just me and my wife and one more on this trip, we generally are able to keep a pretty good pace when conditons and traffic allow :ssh: . Any suggeted routes from Orillia towards Barrys Bay, are we better to skirt Haliburon or head that way and run the Lake trails? (Which I am I am more familiar with)

Thanks

Todd

The B trail has barriers up between the Monk Road and Con D+E so you would have to run

at least 3 concession roads to get around that.B trail has only been groomed to Mud Lake

so it is touch and go from there up.I am told that the lack of snow over there is creating

headaches for everyone.

The B trail has barriers up between the Monk Road and Con D+E so you would have to run

at least 3 concession roads to get around that.B trail has only been groomed to Mud Lake

so it is touch and go from there up.I am told that the lack of snow over there is creating

headaches for everyone.

Yes, I can see everyone your way is dancing for more snow. This year it's all down here in the bannana belt.

Does any one know if the Grass Lake trail is shaping up for staking?

The trail no longer goes across Grass Lake.We built a new trail off road and water.Take B105c

at staging area at Division Road and go north 1/4 mile to trail 204 and follow that to Cambrian

Road.When you turn right on Cambrian Rd.(heading east)run to Brennan Line and turn left (heading

north)approx. 1/4 mile then turn right onto Trail 204 into the McDonald Forest then follow the

trail.It takes you out to the corner at Buck Lake creek then on to the corner of South Sparrow

Lake Road and Hamlet Trail then on to the Snowcrest trails.The groomer was through Mon 17th but

we are still lacking snow.

P.S. Grass Lake is no longer staked by Snowcrest or O.D.S.C.

Thanks fo :woot: r clearing that up. We used that new trail last year and loved it. Awesome job with that trail and now we don't have to worry about Grass lake and all the slush and crap. Thanks

The trail no longer goes across Grass Lake.We built a new trail off road and water.Take B105c

at staging area at Division Road and go north 1/4 mile to trail 204 and follow that to Cambrian

Road.When you turn right on Cambrian Rd.(heading east)run to Brennan Line and turn left (heading

north)approx. 1/4 mile then turn right onto Trail 204 into the McDonald Forest then follow the

trail.It takes you out to the corner at Buck Lake creek then on to the corner of South Sparrow

Lake Road and Hamlet Trail then on to the Snowcrest trails.The groomer was through Mon 17th but

we are still lacking snow.

Nice work guys. Great to have land trials available.

Archived