Twin Mtns

rageit

has anyone been on the twin mnts trails E108 west of bass lake to sommerville, or any of the club trails from bass lake to buckorn in the north end, to gooderham?

opened in limited condition today, i was on e108/b103 from fenelon to kinmount yesterday and it wasn't to bad best trail conditions were from concession 3 and north, twin mountains is reporting ongoing logging operations alongside several trails

has anyone been on the twin mnts trails E108 west of bass lake to sommerville, or any of the club trails from bass lake to buckorn in the north end, to gooderham?

There's an area called "Twin Mountains"? This I have to see.

:rolleyes:

(sorry to interrupt, rageit. You received a reply ... hope more will follow )

We opened all of our trails on Wednesday as "limited" with the exception of the 430, the 450 and the 480. These trail conditions are reflected on the OFSC web-site. We opened the 430 as "limited" yesterday, and this is NOT reflected on the OFSC web-site.

We have been grooming all week, however we really do need more snow.

There are ongoing logging operations on E108 between the 460 junction and the 480 junction. The logging operations are continuously moving eastbound beyond the 480 junction, so be cautious of that fact.

Also, watch for sporadic logging on the north end of the 440 (French Line to Crystal Lake Road).

Logging trucks are also using Bass Lake Road which is part of our 460 trail, north of the Clubhouse/Groomer Shed. The trucks are in and out at all times, so again, be cautious.

Snow is thin, and there are a few water holes that have yet to freeze up.

I'll be out there tomorrow and will be able to update tomorrow night.

Safe and happy trails!!!

Thanks for the extra input yammymammy on the logging. Always good to know especially with the low snow amounts so far this year.

We opened all of our trails on Wednesday as "limited" with the exception of the 430, the 450 and the 480. These trail conditions are reflected on the OFSC web-site. We opened the 430 as "limited" yesterday, and this is NOT reflected on the OFSC web-site.

We have been grooming all week, however we really do need more snow.

There are ongoing logging operations on E108 between the 460 junction and the 480 junction. The logging operations are continuously moving eastbound beyond the 480 junction, so be cautious of that fact.

Also, watch for sporadic logging on the north end of the 440 (French Line to Crystal Lake Road).

Logging trucks are also using Bass Lake Road which is part of our 460 trail, north of the Clubhouse/Groomer Shed. The trucks are in and out at all times, so again, be cautious.

Snow is thin, and there are a few water holes that have yet to freeze up.

I'll be out there tomorrow and will be able to update tomorrow night.

Safe and happy trails!!!

well all trails were listed as closed up until friday, saturady the red trail closed signs are on every north trail but the 430 down from kinmount which was in good shape. sunday i came across from sommerville and the E108 wasn't groomed until i got to the 400, if the powers that be don't want us on bass lane then why don't they run the groomer down the trail?

Archived