Trail closed district 8?

ecarnell

We are looking at riding tomorrow and are hoping to start in Singhampton. The ofsc site has a small section of trail on B/near 419B that is closed that would connect the two "loops" that are open/limited. When the trails were first updated on the site this section was "limited" but now closed. Can anyone confirm if it's open/closed/ungroomed/landowner issues/bypass available?

Thanks

Eric

We are looking at riding tomorrow and are hoping to start in Singhampton. The ofsc site has a small section of trail on B/near 419B that is closed that would connect the two "loops" that are open/limited. When the trails were first updated on the site this section was "limited" but now closed. Can anyone confirm if it's open/closed/ungroomed/landowner issues/bypass available?

Thanks

Eric

When it was first posted as limited I tried to follow the B from the Sno Vouagers trails to the Wasaga trails. The section marked as closed now, had not been groomed and had several small water holes in the middle.

Thanks! Do you know how the roads are that could bypass this section? I.e ride the ditch by chance?

I would think so.

Here is the snow from 1am this morning

DSCN4939sm.jpg

This is from the last 24hrs

DSCN4938sm.jpg

I tried to ride through the section of "B" just north of the 419 intersection.... water holes were more like lakes :o after getting through about 4 of them we decided that was enough and turned around. That was last sunday however. Things could be better now...

I tried to ride through the section of "B" just north of the 419 intersection.... water holes were more like lakes :o after getting through about 4 of them we decided that was enough and turned around. That was last sunday however. Things could be better now...

I think therre were only 4 in total yesturday - so you made it...

We ran 140 miles yeatruday 10am -4pm - 140miles. Only took 2 hrs to get to Midland from Singhampton. Trails were pretty good - except for some small water holes. 3 weren't bad - but the first (heading north/East) was the worst. On our way back we actually met a guy on an 800R that made it 98% through. Rear skid was swamped with mud. Three of us couldn't pull it - had to tip it on it's side to break the seal and rotate the front and rear around. On the return route - we headed up to Collingwood - trails had drifted in a bit.

Great day all in all - thanks District 8 for opening mid Dec!

Archived