What is the Most Scenic Mult-Day Tour

Canuck

Looking ahead, planning this winter's trip(s) and was wondering if anyone can advise re: a Scenic Mult-Day Tour.

Our goal has often been 'most kms. per day". We'd take natural gas pipelines and lakes over twisty trails.

However, I recall one trip where we were 'on top of the clouds" (the loop was North Bay up to Cochrane, over to Kapuskasing and back to Cochrane). At one point, the vista was beautiful. It was about 10 years ago, and I didn't mark down the location.

In any event, if the goal is scenery over distance, can anyone recommend a 4 or 5 day trip?

Zen Rider :)

Hey Canuck,

I think beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. I remember getting into Longlac late one day to find a a refrigerator stocked full of beer. That was beautiful, it still brings a tear to my eye.

Seriously, our group has been all over most of Ontario. We have seen beautiful scenery just about everywhere. Norhern Ontario rarely disappoints. I do like the ride from Cochrane to Longlac or Hornepayne. It's the best of both, 300+ miles for the day and the wonderful scenery along the way. The thing to remember is to stop and enjoy some of that beautiful scenery.

Looking forward to a great season. Hope we don't have any of those "My heart goes out to..."

Ride safe everyone,

Hey Canuck,

I think beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. I remember getting into Longlac late one day to find a a refrigerator stocked full of beer. That was beautiful, it still brings a tear to my eye.

:coffeespit:

Thanks Akron. For a minute, I was worried you were going to espouse the beauty of the Hearst ballet, but you certainly hit the nail on the head with the route you described.

It's funny. You can ride a trail on a clear, sunny day and see some great vistas. Hit that trail in a snowstorm or overcast day, and it's a different riding experience.

There's a wonderful ridge north of North Bay. We used to do day trips from the Midland area (trailer to North Bay) and then poke around that ridge or take the the main trail (old railway line) to Mattawa and back. It's 115 km to Mattawa, from North Bay. Great scenery from the ridge.

Archived