GPS on a Blackberry.

RTX MEIRDA

I have a Blackberry 8830 with GPS. Is there a way to upload trail maps on to this thing?

I also have a Garmin Nuvi 250 with memory slot. Maybe I can load maps onto it?

Thanks

I asked the same question last week about the berry. Am still waiting for an answer from a Senior Tech adviser. He didn't think so at present.

I have a Blackberry 8830 with GPS. Is there a way to upload trail maps on to this thing?

Thanks

Are you able to download Adobe for Palm OS? (free on the Adobe site) If so, you can download the Pdf maps off the OFSC site. Admittedly you cannot use them the same as GPS maps (ie: create routes and tracks) but at the very least you view district maps on your phone or PDA.

Thanks

For the Crack Berry no ..your stuck with what they give you which is a vector based GPS software

its great for streets etc but sucks for off road use.

If you want a phone that you can use as a GPS for off road use then you need to get a phone

that runs WM6 or Palm OS then get a software package like this one at http://www.pathaway.com

There is a bit of a learning curve to it but once you figure it out it works great.

Archived