Mactier?

apeXMAN

OFSC says that Mactier is limited and I am just dumb enough to go up tomorrow for a look see and a ride .It maybe just a short ride ,I have not been there before.What I was wondering is where to park if I was coming from the Bala area ( 169 Hwy )? Any other info would be help full as well .Thx

Moving east to west (as you enter town) :

1. Small business centre at the corner, across from lumberyard;

2. Lumberyard;

3. Parking lot behind the hockey rink ; or

4. Legion.

Ask first.

I think any of the above would let you park a trailer for the day. Lumberyard may lock gate after closing hours.

Get gas before you arrive in town. Both in-town gas stations were closed last winter. There is / was? a SUNY gas on Hwy 69 to the south of Mactier.

Moving east to west (as you enter town) :

1. Small business centre at the corner, across from lumberyard;

2. Lumberyard;

3. Parking lot behind the hockey rink ; or

4. Legion.

Ask first.

I think any of the above would let you park a trailer for the day. Lumberyard may lock gate after closing hours.

Get gas before you arrive in town. Both in-town gas stations were closed last winter. There is / was? a SUNY gas on Hwy 69 to the south of Mactier.

Does the trail go through town?I am a legion member so that may a good choice for me.Is there somewhere to have lunch in the area as well?

The trail cuts behind the first 3 places I listed. We run the road to Legion, so couldn't tell you about the trail that far into town.

We eat at Bass Lake Road House, on the other side of Hwy 169. Give them a call 1-705-5440 and ask about trails, parking, etc. Bass Lake Road House caters to sledders and they will answer your questions.

LOTS OF LAKES in that area (esp towards Bass Lake House). If you don't know, don't go.

Thanks for you help on the area, it is nice to be able to get a little information on where I am sledding and you have help lots.I know the road house you are talking about its suppose to have the best rings ,I can't wait!I am not taking any chances on the ice ,I only go where there is new tracks on the lakes .I will be riding alone so I take no chances !

Thanks for you help on the area, it is nice to be able to get a little information on where I am sledding and you have help lots.I know the road house you are talking about its suppose to have the best rings ,I can't wait!I am not taking any chances on the ice ,I only go where there is new tracks on the lakes .I will be riding alone so I take no chances !

I suspect you will be going for a nice drive in cottage country. I have friends who live in the area and I am just south of there in Port Severn. The lakes are real dicey. While it may look good on top there is significant flow underneath making it very iffy. Lots of the trails in the MacTier area toward Bass Lake House are just plain bare and there are spots where some signigicant road running is required. Hopefully you can find some snow but you will have to look to find it.

Thanks for all the info .I do not like to beat my sled up when riding so today I dropped at the DOT in MacTier and jumped on the C102D north then 10 ,C and 19 .It is spring so extra caution is a given ,I rode up to the Crestview Restaurant had a fast good lunch and headed south down C until it started to spit rain ,came across 14 to MacTier .Got in 80+km ,it was what I needed before I put the sled away .The trails were not bare just thin its the rain that started to come down that will be be the killer :wavey:

Archived