RAP this weekend 3/5-7

mmonti599

A few of us are planning to do the RAP this Fri-Sat. Starting in Orillia to NB to Pembroke and back to Orillia. I know conditions are starting to be listed as limited and we're looking at Spring like conditions, but wondering if some routes are better than others. Any places or trails we should definitely avoid? I would greatly appreciate the guidance.

We are going to be experiencing some very mild temperatures this week and the trails from Pembroke through to Orillia are already very dark in a lot of spots. You don't want that on a trip especially when you are coming from stateside . I would guide you in the direction of North Bay as a starting point. The weather may be mild daytime however it is calling for very cold night time temps which should hold up the trails. If your determined on doing the RAP avoid the weekend, go mid week.

We are going to be experiencing some very mild temperatures this week and the trails from Pembroke through to Orillia are already very dark in a lot of spots. You don't want that on a trip especially when you are coming from stateside . I would guide you in the direction of North Bay as a starting point. The weather may be mild daytime however it is calling for very cold night time temps which should hold up the trails. If your determined on doing the RAP avoid the weekend, go mid week.

agreed,,,,,we were going to ride Orillia tomorrow,,,,but with mild temps,the new snow is going fast,,,,,going to trailer north instead,,,, :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Rode Muskoka area up to North Bay this past weekend.Snow is quite thin in Dorset area.D trail from Kearney up to almost Powassan is sweet.D trail is detoured at Powassan due to bare roads-good signage there to explain detour.All trails were still passable where they were thin,just springlike conditions.

B trail in and around haliburton out e trail out to whitney/ pembroke is toast. I was up there last weekend and there was alot of dirt on the trails in the corners. Local trails were still good, but the top trails that see alot of traffic are toast, especially were the sun hits the hill tops. I was hitting a rock every few minutes. If I had to pay for accomdations I wouldn't have even rode. If I were you I would cancel the rap and head farther north. Start in sudbury or northbay and do the gold rush tour instead. You will be much better off.

Archived