Who grooms what?

b-bry

Maybe Wildbill can answer these questions:

1. How far east does South Seguin groom the Seguin trail?

2. Who grooms it east of there?

3. Who grooms C101 north of 804? South of 804?

Maybe Wildbill can answer these questions:

1. How far east does South Seguin groom the Seguin trail?

2. Who grooms it east of there?

3. Who grooms C101 north of 804? South of 804?

The SSSC grooms regularly to Bear Lake and occaisionaly beyond to Sprucedale

The Highland Rovers groom from Bear Lake east (I hear that they are reducing grooming frequency :wtf: )

The Dun-Ahmic snoriders groom all of 101 but currently have a broken groomer

By the way Highland rovers did a great job of grooming the trails today.They left the shack,went east to the first road and back to the shack again. Probably about ten kilometers. Not only that the groomer seemed to leace the shack about 11am.

By the way Highland rovers did a great job of grooming the trails today.They left the shack,went east to the first road and back to the shack again. Probably about ten kilometers. Not only that the groomer seemed to leace the shack about 11am.

If it left about 11am it was a complete waste of a groom as it was so warm and busy that thier hard work would be erased quickly .

The SSSC grooms regularly to Bear Lake and occasionally beyond to Sprucedale

The Highland Rovers groom from Bear Lake east (I hear that they are reducing grooming frequency :wtf: )

Thanks. I ask because C101 from Dunchurch area down was great on Saturday late afternoon until we passed 804, then it turned into a complete mess. Looked like it hasn't seen a groomer in a long time. By comparison, the Seguin heading back west was much better (even though it had been beat up pretty good as is typical late on a Saturday).

I've also noticed that early in the day the Seguin is usually good until we get to around the junction with D, then it's bad. Makes me not want to go past Sprucedale area any more.

We tried the C102 from Seguin Falls down to Rosseau Saturday night - real sweet. I posted about this a couple of weeks back - didn't think it would be possible to rescue that mess this season, but they did it up real nice.

On a side note - we got stuck on C at Rosseau Road for a while Saturday while a tow truck winched a car off the trail. Quite amusing!

The SSSC grooms regularly to Bear Lake and occasionally beyond to Sprucedale

Thanks. I ask because C101 from Dunchurch area down was great on Saturday late afternoon until we passed 804, then it turned into a complete mess. Looked like it hasn't seen a groomer in a long time. By comparison, the Seguin heading back west was much better (even though it had been beat up pretty good as is typical late on a Saturday).

I've also noticed that early in the day the Seguin is usually good until we get to around the junction with D, then it's bad. Makes me not want to go past Sprucedale area any more.

We tried the C102 from Seguin Falls down to Rosseau Saturday night - real sweet. I posted about this a couple of weeks back - didn't think it would be possible to rescue that mess this season, but they did it up real nice.

On a side note - we got stuck on C at Rosseau Road for a while Saturday while a tow truck winched a car off the trail. Quite amusing!

Just wondering when they plan on grooming C101 and C102 again. Leaving for Kearney in the am and want to try to get a feel on where the trails will be the best. I know the weather thats coming has alot to do with it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Highway-Niagara County Sno-Seekers

Grooming on c101 is pretty hit and miss. The club used to try and groom on thursdays for the upcoming weekend and on sunday. Their stuff is pretty old so ya get what ya get. Check their website or call magnetawan bait and tackle.

If it left about 11am it was a complete waste of a groom as it was so warm and busy that thier hard work would be erased quickly .

Agreed.

I have found in my past 6 years sledding in this area that as soon as you get east of Sprucedale there is a definite lack of grooming.

We did a loop from orrville to sprucedale up to burk's falls to magnetwean to dunchurch and then back. holy crap. We lost a few suspension on bolts on that trip!

Just for the record, I gotta compliment South Seguin & Six Star clubs. Between my 3 sleds, we've put well over 2000 miles on since New Year's Eve, probably more than half of that on these two clubs' trails. They are almost always in great shape (except 201 from Little Whitefish to Horseshoe lake - that one gets neglected quite often - hint, hint).

Just for the record, I gotta compliment South Seguin & Six Star clubs. Between my 3 sleds, we've put well over 2000 miles on since New Year's Eve, probably more than half of that on these two clubs' trails. They are almost always in great shape (except 201 from Little Whitefish to Horseshoe lake - that one gets neglected quite often - hint, hint).

That short little stretch has an icey climb off of the highway that breaks groomer tracks and the MTO does not let us fix it . It needs the best of operators to groom it safely . It is better to have a half of a k of rougher trail than the whole system neglected because of a broken groomer .

That short little stretch has an icey climb off of the highway that breaks groomer tracks and the MTO does not let us fix it . It needs the best of operators to groom it safely . It is better to have a half of a k of rougher trail than the whole system neglected because of a broken groomer .

You're referring to the south side of 141 I assume. Didn't know it was that difficult for the groomer to get up that slope. It is a steep one. The portion from the transfer site north toward Horseshoe Lake is also often rough. I'm guessing that there's no groomer turn-around by the transfer site, so it's an all-or-nothing groomer run once you get past Sandy Plains Rd.

The reason you will see the Seguin groomed from our 'shack' east to the first road is that Rodchester Lake road is the bypass for Clear Lake when grooming th 95 and D102B into Deerhurst with a side loop of either 78/79 or D102B to D101B. Did you actually see the groomer on it? I'm not saying it wasn't but I doubt very much it was there at 11:00am. That crew usually leaves early in the morning or late afternoon. There is optimal times to be out there but we all have kids / wives and other things on our plates besides grooming so although we try to be out in the evening sometimes you have to get what you can.

I know the Seguin can get rough very quickly with all of the traffic and the conditions this year but we have three different loops and only two machines so we can't be everywhere at once. Both groomers were out all weekend trying to salvage what we have left. I have to say for the most part the Seguin has been groomed well this year. I have booked more time this year from our shop to Bear Lake than any previous year.

Last week we took some time off and reset the knives on both of our drags midweek, so some of you might have seen us out at odd hours doing test runs on the trails (but only from our shop to the 95 Lake trail and to the D123 intersection. We have also dealt with a ripped diaphram in the BR's fuel pump for 2 days and a tranny problem with the Tractor for a day.

You might not see us out there every time you think we shoud be but remember we could be fixing broken equiptment, have family commitments, grooming other trails... And yes we are coming to the end of the season so we are down to 75 grooming hours a week.

The reason you will see the Seguin groomed from our 'shack' east to the first road is that Rodchester Lake road is the bypass for Clear Lake when grooming th 95 and D102B into Deerhurst with a side loop of either 78/79 or D102B to D101B. Did you actually see the groomer on it? I'm not saying it wasn't but I doubt very much it was there at 11:00am. That crew usually leaves early in the morning or late afternoon. There is optimal times to be out there but we all have kids / wives and other things on our plates besides grooming so although we try to be out in the evening sometimes you have to get what you can.

I know the Seguin can get rough very quickly with all of the traffic and the conditions this year but we have three different loops and only two machines so we can't be everywhere at once. Both groomers were out all weekend trying to salvage what we have left. I have to say for the most part the Seguin has been groomed well this year. I have booked more time this year from our shop to Bear Lake than any previous year.

Last week we took some time off and reset the knives on both of our drags midweek, so some of you might have seen us out at odd hours doing test runs on the trails (but only from our shop to the 95 Lake trail and to the D123 intersection. We have also dealt with a ripped diaphram in the BR's fuel pump for 2 days and a tranny problem with the Tractor for a day.

You might not see us out there every time you think we shoud be but remember we could be fixing broken equiptment, have family commitments, grooming other trails... And yes we are coming to the end of the season so we are down to 75 grooming hours a week.

Well 13acres I passed the groomer at exactly 11:30 so I'm guessing he left at 11.00. That is a odd time to groom when it was so warm. I'm on clear lake so I go by the shack quite a bit and the little trail from the sequin to clear lake has not been groomed for awhile but I don't care because it's a short trail. Now we have been told by Chas that they don't groom on Sundays because of the traffic but there it was grooming on a WARM Sunday. We passed the groomer and got into rough trails,normally we would have turned around but seeing the groomer groomeing we figured we would put up with it because the trail would be great on the way back,Not so! We really don't have a choice but to go on the Sequin so it is annoying that it's rough on Sundays.Yes we can go down to 95 but its kinda of rough as well. This is not because of grooming tho,it's because of the hills and lack of snow. By the way the groomer groomed the trails up and around Sand lake . Just to clarify we were on the trails and passed the groomer and that,s the end of this discusion.

Well 13acres I passed the groomer at exactly 11:30 so I'm guessing he left at 11.00. That is a odd time to groom when it was so warm. I'm on clear lake so I go by the shack quite a bit and the little trail from the sequin to clear lake has not been groomed for awhile but I don't care because it's a short trail. Now we have been told by Chas that they don't groom on Sundays because of the traffic but there it was grooming on a WARM Sunday. We passed the groomer and got into rough trails,normally we would have turned around but seeing the groomer groomeing we figured we would put up with it because the trail would be great on the way back,Not so! We really don't have a choice but to go on the Sequin so it is annoying that it's rough on Sundays.Yes we can go down to 95 but its kinda of rough as well. This is not because of grooming tho,it's because of the hills and lack of snow. By the way the groomer groomed the trails up and around Sand lake . Just to clarify we were on the trails and passed the groomer and that,s the end of this discusion.

Scarylarry,

I'm not trying to start a war here, I'm just saying that we are doing the best we can. It is frustrating when people bet up your best efforts. You'll notice that I said "I'm not saying it wasn't" because I know sometime we don't always get out when we plan on leaving. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned. The lake trail on 95 gets a pass put on it every time someone goes east so, we do our best. The Seguin is very challenging to keep up as the traffic is especially high this year so again, we do our best. I don't really understand your comment about going down 95. I'm not telling you to take it, I'm just explaining why sometimes you see the Seguin groomed from our shack only to Rodchester Lake Road and ditto about the groomer going to Sand Lake, we don't go north of the D trail, that's someone elses territory.

Archived