C102 now open?

b-bry

C102 from Rosseau to Seguin Falls is now listed as groomed & open (dated Feb 16). Has anyone ridden this trail this week? It was an abysmal mess a couple of weeks ago.

I would like to know as well. We were looking for this trail a few weeks ago but didn't find it. Is there some road running off the sequin before you find the trail? Never seen any signs last time.

102 has several kms of running on the Old Nippising Road from the Seguin. Road is just west of the big old bridge. You go south on the old road till close to 10 mile lake. Heading south the 102 goes a bit left while the old road goes right. If you get to the end of the road you mised the trail.

Does the trail have half decent signage or is it like a few other trails in this area where it's a little sparse? Thanks for the info philthy. lol :unsure:

This area is very sparse when it comes to signs. I have a friend who has a cottage near Seguin Falls and have ridden that area and that trail for many years on sleds and bikes. We have ridden all the Nippising road from Rossaeu to Commanda on bikes.

I rode the 102 from the seguin down to the 350 on Sunday the 14th. Pretty decent for the most part with a few exceptionally bad areas near swampy bits and in the deep bush. Caught one sucker hole where the groomer had apparently pulled an old log out of the trail and left a 2 foot deep by 3 foot wide trough right across the trail at the bottom of a small steep hill. Still feeling that one.

We rode from Rosseau to the Seguin trail on Saturday afternoon (20th). I must say I was expecting far worse on all the trails between Parry Sound and Rosseau after reading some of the forum posts, but overall all these trails were in great shape and no problems with signage. 204, 201, 350 and 340 all good. Stopped in at the Radar Run on Horseshoe lake and even found time to see the dog sleds in Rosseau. A slushy hole a few kms north of Rosseau gave us pause for thought before deciding to skip over it but otherwise a great ride in perfect weather. Then we reached the Seguin - now that was beat up !

We were at the radar runs too. Fun to watch. the 201 was good, but I've been on it twice now in the last couple weeks and I can't for the life of me find the trail to get you to rosseau. Doesn't this 350 hook up with 201? I wish the signage was better because there's several trails in this area we would like to try but are having a hell of a time finding them. ON the other hand we did the 400 series trails just north of parry sound and they were awesome.......and signed.

We were at the radar runs too. Fun to watch. the 201 was good, but I've been on it twice now in the last couple weeks and I can't for the life of me find the trail to get you to rosseau. Doesn't this 350 hook up with 201? I wish the signage was better because there's several trails in this area we would like to try but are having a hell of a time finding them. ON the other hand we did the 400 series trails just north of parry sound and they were awesome.......and signed.

From the 201 (running south from Hwy 141) you'll come to Little Whitefish lake. Bear left a bit as you cross the lake and you'll come to the stakes. Follow these eastward - you'll go through a first narrow part of the lake, then the second narrow part turns to the right and then opens up in the final part of the lake. At the end of the lake, bear left on 10th Concession (there will be lots of sled tracks). In about a mile, 10th Concession ends at Clear Lake Rd - turn right (south).

A couple of hundred yards later you'll see Browns Lake Rd on the left. Follow this for a mile or so to 350. Along 350 you'll see a t-junction with 340 (there's an old school bus off to the side). Keep straight ahead to stay on 350.

350 ends in a clearing where 330 also ends. The road you see ahead is hwy 632. Follow this road to the left (north) across the narrow bridge & pick up the trail after the bridge on the right. In less than a mile, you're in the middle of Rosseau. You'll need to follow the second street to the right (runs parallel with Hwy 141, then left to the General Store. Crossing Hwy 141 here, then the first street to the left will bring you to C102.

Hope this helps ....

Yes I have to say we almost missed the 201 to 350 intersection. We were confused at first by the Trail Closed sign that is on the left just after the road crossing at Humphrey. The 2010 trail map shows 350 heading east right there (not on the lake). So we assumed that 350 was closed. We almost missed the 201 to 350 intersection on the lake - I only spotted the stakes at the last minute.

Would be good if the web site posted this sort of minor change to the map - would help those of us who are not locals.

Yes I have to say we almost missed the 201 to 350 intersection. We were confused at first by the Trail Closed sign that is on the left just after the road crossing at Humphrey. The 2010 trail map shows 350 heading east right there (not on the lake). So we assumed that 350 was closed. We almost missed the 201 to 350 intersection on the lake - I only spotted the stakes at the last minute.

Would be good if the web site posted this sort of minor change to the map - would help those of us who are not locals.

is this intersection right beside a small sandpit before you take the lake trail on horseshoe lake?

The trail map is not clear. 350 did not join up directly with 201. The "Trail Closed" sign you saw was a short trail 202 (now closed due to landowner issues). This trail started at 202 just south of Hwy 141 and ended at Broad River on Little Whitefish Lake. 350 started on Little Whitefish Lake. 350 is maintained by West Muskoka, the 200 series are South Seguin, so there is a disconnect with the signing.

202 was never properly shown on any map I have seen, but it was in use up to the end of last season. A new landowner placed big rocks on the trail to block it up, so it's now necessary to follow the route I described in my earlier post.

is this intersection right beside a small sandpit before you take the lake trail on horseshoe lake?

No. I think you're referring to the fenced sandpit where 201 crosses Sandy Plains Rd. The fence has signs that warn municipal employees not to enter without being accompanied by a uniformed police officer. This point is north of Hwy 141 - to get to the 350, keep going south, cross Hwy 141, get on to Little Whitefish Lake and bear to your left. Pick up the stakes out in the middle of the lake and go east.

Archived