What a Stellar weekend .

Yukon

Another great weekend of Riding in Muskoka .

Kennydoo and Myself decided we'd try a loop around Lake Muskoka from Port Severn just too see what it was like , I've never actually done the complete loop but had been on these trails in the past .

We headed out from Camp Yukon ( The Other Port ) around 12:30 on Saturday here's some pics from the day .

Baxter Snow Riders C-trail North

Feb62010001.jpg

Feb62010002.jpg

Feb62010003.jpg

Feb62010004.jpg

Feb62010005.jpg

And a quick little stop at the Monument C-trail / B105 to catch up on the news !

Feb62010006.jpg

More to Come

MLSTA C-trail North

Feb62010007.jpg

Feb62010008.jpg

Feb62010009.jpg

MLSTA C-trail / C101D

Feb62010010.jpg

A few Riders out enjoying a spectacular day

Feb62010011.jpg

Junction of C101D and C114

Feb62010011.jpg

MMMMmore To come

Good Old Snow Crest country .

Feb62010013.jpg

Feb62010014.jpg

Put the Camera away through Gravenhurst and then Picked her back up to Catch Kennydoo crossing the infamous Floating Bridge in Bracebridge .

Feb62010015.jpg

Here we got a call from Micron ( Formerly Polarispimpman ) and hooked up with him for the remainder of the ride. Great to see you again Mike !

I got a bit lazy after this point with the camera but we didn't enjoy D-trail too much for obvious reasons so we decided to head towards Port Carling taking trails 33/34 . Tabletop conditions except for a tiny area with running water that we had to skip across . Hooked onto C102D through Port carling to C114 to Bala .

Say Fromage boys after a quick stop at the Kee .

Feb62010016.jpg

All in all it was a super day to be out riding and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat , some trails require more snow thats for sure but for the most part I'm not going to complain .

Some Pics from today !

Back in Baxterland .

Kennydoo and his Stepdaughter Olivia at South C-Trail and 15 ya Gotta love a groomed trail !

Feb62010017.jpg

Feb62010018.jpg

Feb62010019.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to take pictures and post report, YC.

Left cottage late in afternoon, and the groomer was at Hwy 400/South Gibson Lake Road proceeding northward(Sunday - Super Bowl day). The C trail north from Port Severn should be mint early this week.

Nice report!

Heading up there on Tuesday and can't wait!!

Heading up there on Tuesday and can't wait!!

What are you doing with my sled! :)

(I'm riding a blue Attak - now called Apex).

As mentioned, C trail should be great. Also - if you head down to Georgian Bay via Honey Harbour, it's never been better. Smooth, lots of granular to cool the sled, etc. Small pressure crack at south end of Beausoleil Island but it's marked.

As mentioned, C trail should be great. Also - if you head down to Georgian Bay via Honey Harbour, it's never been better. Smooth, lots of granular to cool the sled, etc. Small pressure crack at south end of Beausoleil Island but it's marked.

:-) Just got that sled this year and it's great... kinda wish I had the power of an Apex, but I like the agility of this new Vector.

Thanks for the info on the C. I'm planning an ambitious (for me) day loop out of Gravenhurst on the C101D to the C, up to the C103D, over to the D and back south to Gravenhurst on day 1. Based on your recommendations, I think I'll head south on the C for day 2!

Do you know how the B105 and the Top B trails from Orillia north are?

:-) Just got that sled this year and it's great... kinda wish I had the power of an Apex, but I like the agility of this new Vector.

Thanks for the info on the C. I'm planning an ambitious (for me) day loop out of Gravenhurst on the C101D to the C, up to the C103D, over to the D and back south to Gravenhurst on day 1. Based on your recommendations, I think I'll head south on the C for day 2!

Do you know how the B105 and the Top B trails from Orillia north are?

B105 needs more snow , its groomed and listed open but the Cambrian shield makes for a bumpy ride . I'd suggest if your looking for a loop head up Sparrow Lake , its a nice run .

B105 needs more snow , its groomed and listed open but the Cambrian shield makes for a bumpy ride . I'd suggest if your looking for a loop head up Sparrow Lake , its a nice run .

Will do, thanks!

Archived