KEARNEY/BURK'S FALLS TRAIL REPORT

Giddy UP

AHHHHH.....Heaven! If there is sledding in Heaven....this could be what it's like! We have received well over a foot of fresh light soft powder snow :-D:woot::woot:

Had to head out this morning to test the trail conditions..........WOW! We started out from Kearney heading North on D Trail towards Sand Lake. The groomer had not been out yet and we were pushing powder :-D You know....you might get 1 day a year like this.......and this was it! The powder snow is so light - it feels like you are just driving through air! So if there was sledding in Heaven...this would be like driving through big white fluffy clouds of powder :-D

We met some other folks at the junciton of D and D101B - they had come down from Edgewater Park Lodge - they had big grins on their faces too! :-D

IMG_6352.jpg

We stopped in at Edgewater for a cuppa Hot Chocolate and were told that the groomers are out and getting ready for the weekend. We then travelled up AL303 to Pickeral Lake Lodge. Just had to go see the place now that it is OPEN for business. The groomer had been out on the 303 earlier this morning – but there was now about 2-3 inches of fresh powder on top of that tabletop surface!

IMG_6353.jpg

We met the owners and Manager of Pickeral Lake Lodge and they were kind enough to donate a wonderful prize for our Silent Auction table for the OC Ride for Kelly! I am not going to tell you what it is – you must attend the ride and see it on the Silent Auction Table!

The Hot Chocolate was YUMMY and the homemade Cream of Broccoli Soup even better! We then headed back out D123 towards Burk’s Falls. Again – no groomer (yet), but the fresh powder was a blast to play in.

IMG_6354.jpg

The new snow brought down a few trees along the way. We tried to clear these two – but were only able to move them enough to get by. They are on the D123 South just outside of Burk’s Falls – so beware..they would be nasty to come across in the dark!

IMG_6356.jpg

We took D123 all the way to D (Sequin) and then headed back towards Kearney. The D trail had now been groomed!

IMG_6357.jpg

Not a big mileage day today – only about 100kms – but pushing powder most of the day made it a bit slower ride – but FUN. Trails should be in awesome shape by tomorrow once the groomers have had a chance to get all the trails groomed in the area.

SWEET!!!

:ssh: Don't tell anybody

:wavey:

Woo HOOO looks awesome, can't wait to get there tomorrow. Bet it's a busy weekend on the trails. Thanks for the pictures and report!

I am sure that it will be busy....but maybe everyone will head over -2- Parry Sound area....they got just as much snow as we doo! Maybe we will see you on the trails or at PLL or Edgewater this weekend....keep your eyes OPEN for us!

Beautiful pictures.

I'm so jealous right now.

Looks like no sledding for us this weekend, as it is my weekend to work this month, :banghead::banghead:

Going to work for 2 hrs tommorrow morning and then on the sled and heading north towards Kearny and then up D past there to see what the trails are doing , -24 tonight and all the clubs are out grooming :-D

Going to work for 2 hrs tommorrow morning and then on the sled and heading north towards Kearny and then up D past there to see what the trails are doing , -24 tonight and all the clubs are out grooming :-D

Have a great ride MM. We are heading out tomorrow again - gonna to head up to Magnetawan. Enjoy!

:wavey:

Its time to pack on some miles , I might have to take a few sick days next week

Sounds good to me! We are staying up until after the Kearney Dog Sled Races :woot: ....and there is more snow in the forecast for next week!

Sounds good to me! We are staying up until after the Kearney Dog Sled Races :woot: ....and there is more snow in the forecast for next week!

We'll be up tomorrow! :woot::woot:

We'll be up tomorrow! :woot::woot:

Hey...OC Party Girl! Don't forget the Bailey's! :rotflmao: Drive safely! :carsled:

Archived