Happy Wanderers - Jan 30 2008 7:28 PM

muskoka mcmack

Hi everyone...

We're back on the site thanks to Krusty & co. Thanks for that Krusty and for posting on our behalf earlier today (Wednesday).

Since his post, it has snowed most of the day and there is about an 8" accumulation as I write this. Since the mild weather nearly ruined much of our earlier work we are going back it again tomorrow. As noted, the primary north/south trails - 101, 102 & 103 are open limited. Just watch for washouts here and there. Trails 45 and 41 are limited as well. Trails 43 and 40 remain closed due to very high water levels in the swamps which have caused washouts too big to snowbridge. Trail 44 to Bracebridge was planned to be opened limited by this weekend but today's windstorm may have put the kibosh to that. In any event, we are inspecting the system tomorrow, will continue to groom and get things into the best shape we can as quickly as we can. Looking at our neighbouring clubs it is obvious that we are not alone with the headaches that Mother Nature has caused this winter. I'll keep you guys up to date.

Best regards

Dan McCormack, Past President - Haps

Hey Dan.. Thanks for the update.. we will be in bracebridge this weekend (changed from parry sound). Good chance we'll drop by baysville and say hi (or see ya out on the trail). I will be in contact with Krusty.. Superbowl party at Rick's????

Archived