Baptiste ice conditions

J Feces

Any news on Baptiste? I understand it isnt staked yet. Next week we hope to drop in Apsley and run north to Lk St Peter area. We typically do this trip once or twice a year. Like to drop onto Baptiste and run north to access Maple Leaf trails. Thanks for any info. J Feces

Anybody out there? I KNOW its not staked just wondered if anybody has been up 612 and across to maple leaf trails? Also wondered about Hay Lake as well? Thanks in advance for any input.

Anybody out there? I KNOW its not staked just wondered if anybody has been up 612 and across to maple leaf trails? Also wondered about Hay Lake as well? Thanks in advance for any input.

We crossed it on the week end. Ran the lake where the stack line usually is.

Excellent, thats what I expected by this date, but nice to know ahead of time. Did you get on from 612 ? How was that trail. I know what to expect on the Maple Leaf side. Thanks again.

Excellent, thats what I expected by this date, but nice to know ahead of time. Did you get on from 612 ? How was that trail. I know what to expect on the Maple Leaf side. Thanks again.

The last section of the 612 is still closed. We ran the lake from Birds Creek. Most tracks follow closer to shore. Also run up to the narrows at Elephant Lake, open water there. So beware.

OK I see, I know the open section at the narrows you speak of. I was looking to go on at 612 and go north. Not worth the risk, and as you say that end of 612 is still closed. We will take E north to Harcourt and go east to Lk St Peter.The ML trails on the north side of Baptiste are my absolute favorites. Thanks again for the info.

O....The ML trails on the north side of Baptiste are my absolute favorites. Thanks again for the info.

Those were the best trails of the weekend! 179 and 180 I think

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Take E up to Bancroft and then "179" from Birds Creek onto Baptiste, north on Baptiste to "179" out of Muskie Bay and you are on the trail system into Lk. St. Peter. All good trails and the Lake is safe at that end. Hope this helps for next time.

Archived