GIDDY UP ???

stormtraxx++++

hows the trails in kearny and sandlake and surounding areas????

Nelly

Nelly...I'll respond on Giddy's behalf, because she's away at the moment.

Yesterday, Mrs. IrREVerent and I did a quick 100-km loop from Kearney north via 305, D123 and 300, back down D trail east of Sand Lake, to Kearney. Trails were good to excellent, and generally pretty fast (especially "D"), with only the odd divot in the trail bed where crossing rocky or swampy areas, and an occasional rock showing through. Only met 10 sleds in 3 hours, including our lunch stop -- the joys of riding mid-week. All of the Almaguin system has been groomed multiple times and looks in good shape, considering that there's been hardly any new snow in the last couple of weeks.

Thanx for the update irREVerent, we are heading up that way tomorrow in fact for the night, then back home for Saturday night to do some Barrie riding on Sunday with friends.

thanks for the report, I'm heading up that way tomorrow. Its -1 up there now so hopefully the mild weather wont have too much impact, supposed to turn colder tomorrow aft with snow likely over northern sections on Sat. I just talked someone from the Near North Snowdrifters club (north of Sundridge & the Eagle lake area) They are having a tough time officially opening trails due to lack of snow, though the trails are being ridden. They are in the process of staking the lakes.

See you on the trails tomorrow Ted, perhaps.

Archived