Old Hastings - Bancroft Trail conditions?

WEFusion900

I haven't been over that way yet this winter. They've had a lot of ice damage, so the trail may not be open (Check the OFSC site). The reroute is using existing OHSR & MPL trails for the route, no new trail AFAIK.

The trail to Mcauthurs Mills was in great shape till this melt down. Maybe still is??? As for signing I don't remember seeing many "e" signs but there were lots of destination signs. i.e. Mcaurthurs Mills this way.....

I rode from Apsley to the old TOP E jct south of Gilmour. Railbed east of Coe Hill was in good shape. When I was returning, I passed the northbound groomer between Gilmour & Ormsby Jct.

Until we get some more snow I'd avoid the E between the Crowe River & Coe Hill. The 2 reroutes & south end of the former #930 need snow for grooming & the loggers have about 3/4s of a mile of trail sanded heavily starting @ the TOP E & OHSR #931 junction & going west. The loggers are hauling on the portion of #931 north of the Rose Island Road.

South of Ormsby Jct. I saw both E106 & B106E signs. I don't know why the B106E signs would've been where they were. That stretch used to be TOP E.

The signage has been changed @ the railbed intersections where #950 & #961 connect w/ E106.

Thx for the report was going to head across the Crowe but looks like its an outside loop of the maze instead with wifey tomorrow.

Thought that section would be nasty, infrequent ride together so needed the news. :wavey:

• 2 weeks later...

ttt

Most in good to very good shape. B106E and the maze (logging over) all good as is E to Mac Mills (we were north mostly past weekend BB and Whitney).

930 north out of Coe Hill listed as closed but no idea why. Well run with only 1 small section at the very bottom ungroomed (2 mins). Locals advised it was good to go. As good as we've seen it.

E trail west of Coe Hill (towards Apsley) quite icy under a small slippery layer of powder. Nasty 1 km section still there as mentioned in previous posts. Gnarly blind trail at the best of times, need sharp carbides or rabbits foot.

Lakes are staked and good to go was across Limerick + Mephisto, sufficient snow cover. Suspect Cashel good as well but no 1st hand report.

Thanks Coe!

Coming up tonight for a long weekend, OHSR web site was showing 950 closed (limerick lake?) as well as most of the maze. Is the maze public land like the B106E?

We are planning to head up to Barry's Bay area also.

Anyone have a report on B106E to 805 to E107 To E loop?

Thanks Coe!

Coming up tonight for a long weekend, OHSR web site was showing 950 closed (limerick lake?) as well as most of the maze. Is the maze public land like the B106E?

We are planning to head up to Barry's Bay area also.

Anyone have a report on B106E to 805 to E107 To E loop?

Limerick trail open and well run but alittle rough due to 1 spot groomer crushed south of the lake nothing too terrible. We found conditions better east and north of Coe Hill better with less ice. With the lakes good east into Mazinaw should be sweet, fast and flat.

Maze is forest access roads that was closed early due to logging from miny tornado that blew the center flat. Appears most now open per usual. Birch Lake trail shows as open but that isn't correct. Its passable but barely.

The E107 between Apsley + Coe has an extensive re-route as shown on Paudash website.

Archived