Happy Wanderers Report Jan 30/08

Krusty

I just received an e-mail from Dan at Happy Wanderers with an update. First off I would like to thank Dan & the boys for all their hard work getting the trails the best they can possibly be. These local volenteers are busting their butts & could certainly use any extra help if anyone is available.

So here are the real world conditions. The main trails 101,102 & 103 are "open limited" The feeder trails 41, 44 & 45 are still closed due to wash outs & downed trees. Dan & the boys cleared over 60 since the last storm on Jan 9/th & the winds are crazy there again today so there will definatly be more clearing to do.

The fresh foot of snow that fell last week got wiped out last night due to +5 temps & very heavy rain, so the battle continues. Not the greatest news but that is what is going on in the area at this time.

I just received an e-mail from Dan at Happy Wanderers with an update. First off I would like to thank Dan & the boys for all their hard work getting the trails the best they can possibly be. These local volenteers are busting their butts & could certainly use any extra help if anyone is available.

So here are the real world conditions. The main trails 101,102 & 103 are "open limited" The feeder trails 41, 44 & 45 are still closed due to wash outs & downed trees. Dan & the boys cleared over 60 since the last storm on Jan 9/th & the winds are crazy there again today so there will definatly be more clearing to do.

The fresh foot of snow that fell last week got wiped out last night due to +5 temps & very heavy rain, so the battle continues. Not the greatest news but that is what is going on in the area at this time.

Thanks for the update, Krusty!

The good news is that it has also turned very very cold up this way....so...hopefully that should freeze up some of the water issues....as well....accuweather is predicting approx 20cms of snow to fall from today until Friday over this region. Maple! I guess we need to keep table...NO NO NO...I mean SNOW dancing for this upcoming weekend :D

The good news is that it has also turned very very cold up this way....so...hopefully that should freeze up some of the water issues....as well....accuweather is predicting approx 20cms of snow to fall from today until Friday over this region. Maple! I guess we need to keep table...NO NO NO...I mean SNOW dancing for this upcoming weekend :D

Too late ... already up on the table doing my SNOW dance! :wavey:

Don't put too much stock in Accuweather. I have been monitoring their accuracy and they are only about 20% accurate as far as snowfall but almost 70% accurate when predicting rain! :banghead:

Archived