Memories of Muskoka to Kearney - 201/C103D/D trails

schizzle

Just sharing some ride details from Monday the 28th.

A buddy and I made our way from the Memories of Muskoka up the 201 (made our way along the road to Marshall Rd to start the run up to the seguin) to the seguin, out to the 400 (for gas), back out to Sprucedale, and further along to past Kearney then back again.

201 was in great shape out to the Seguin.

Seguin out to the MSR region was choppy but the groomer had been along later in the day.

Seguin from the MSR region (D trail and over) out to Kearney was really in great shape

Couple of washouts along the Seguin on both sides of Sprucedale to keep an eye out for.

All told, anytime you can get 200+ km in on a December, it's a good start. The base is great and a little more snow with some cold will make for great conditions the rest of the year.

Thanks to all the people who make this possible.

Great Post Schizzle!

Will be heading up after work tomorrow and hope to make a similar, but shorter run, in the days to follow...Memories to Jolly Roger (via 201 and Seguin to 400) and perhaps even Memories to H&H if trail conditions permit. Hopefully I can add something more before long.

I will be content to put on a few miles while making sure the sled is tuned up and ready to go...and if I can help pack the trails and make it easier for all those folk who make it happen...that's even better!

Better to ride the Seguin from the info center . The trails to Memories are not open yet due to swamp issues . We may try to get together a workparty tomorrow to cordoroy the big bog south of Blackstone Lake road.

Thx Rotax800man...sounds like sound advice. And I wish I had my computer when I was with me up North so I might have been able to see your note WB.

All in all...a great pre-season ride...a little bumpy (riding two up)...but it's pre-season.

Trip 1: Took trail from Memories to Sandy Plains road....took Sandy Plains all the way to Horseshoe camp and picked-up the 201 again....road running was fine with lots of snow for lubrication/cooling and the 201 was in great shape to the Seguin...and the Seguin to the 400 was fine. Past there the trail was closed to the Jolly (constuction I hear) and despite taking the detour around and along Rankin Rd we never made it as the trail was also closed when approaching from the North. However, an enjoyable 75km or so.

Trip 2: Trail from Memories south into Six Star was rather bumpy except for the road running and those trails along the cottage roads. We only travelled about 10km before turning around.

Trip 3: By car to Rosseau this morning for Sunday brunch....Mmmmmm. Can't wait for those 340/350 trails to open as well as the 101 portion between Rosseau and Seguin. Gotta luv Crossroads!

All in all...still a little early in the season but as I departed this morning I did see a groomer warming up...hopefully the cold weather holds! Thx again to all those who make it happen.

Thx Rotax800man...sounds like sound advice. And I wish I had my computer when I was with me up North so I might have been able to see your note WB.

All in all...a great pre-season ride...a little bumpy (riding two up)...but it's pre-season.

Trip 1: Took trail from Memories to Sandy Plains road....took Sandy Plains all the way to Horseshoe camp and picked-up the 201 again....road running was fine with lots of snow for lubrication/cooling and the 201 was in great shape to the Seguin...and the Seguin to the 400 was fine. Past there the trail was closed to the Jolly (constuction I hear) and despite taking the detour around and along Rankin Rd we never made it as the trail was also closed when approaching from the North. However, an enjoyable 75km or so.

Trip 2: Trail from Memories south into Six Star was rather bumpy except for the road running and those trails along the cottage roads. We only travelled about 10km before turning around.

Good news the ice bridges on the C trail between Crestview and Blackstone lake road are in place and done and regular grooming of this area will now commence as we get new operators trained .

Trip 3: By car to Rosseau this morning for Sunday brunch....Mmmmmm. Can't wait for those 340/350 trails to open as well as the 101 portion between Rosseau and Seguin. Gotta luv Crossroads!

All in all...still a little early in the season but as I departed this morning I did see a groomer warming up...hopefully the cold weather holds! Thx again to all those who make it happen.

Archived