First Trail Report of the season PPSC

crackher

that's funny :coffeespit: . i seen a sleds or two already with no trail passes

Easy lucky There are trail passes on both those sleds,

Windshield for the polaris and on the cowl for the cat...look again they are there.

it's all good. did you get out in shelburne yet? i see the trails are open on a limited bases

I want to go out on Wednesday night...I was on FS this mornign and this guy is telling me that he has already run the Rail from Orangeville to Markdale and it was not bad at all...one problem is that Orangeville is still closed...and the arguement ensued... :crazy:

that's funny :coffeespit: . i seen a sleds or two already with no trail passes

Easy lucky There are trail passes on both those sleds,

Windshield for the polaris and on the cowl for the cat...look again they are there.

it's all good. did you get out in shelburne yet? i see the trails are open on a limited bases

I want to go out on Wednesday night...I was on FS this mornign and this guy is telling me that he has already run the Rail from Orangeville to Markdale and it was not bad at all...one problem is that Orangeville is still closed...and the arguement ensued... :crazy:

Often one persons not bad is another persons pathetic. When the trails are indicated closed some people will wonder why because they are according to some "not bad". There are a lot of issues around a trail being designated as open and paper work to be filed. They tend to be related to liability. There may be signs that need to be put up, some obstacles in the trail and a whole lot of other things that some consider minor. Imagine someone running a trail and hitting an obstacle slightly buried under light snow. Twenty other sleds just went down the same trail but maybe they missed it by inches. The last sled hits it comes to a screaching hault. The rider is launched over the windshield and winds up in hospital. He had been told the trail was open which has an implied the trail is safe. He then sues for the damages to his sled and for his personal injuries since obviously the trail wasn't safe. Then people wonder why the permits cost so much when the insurance costs are high.

Barrie new showed on Sunday night that the OPP are out looking for people running closed trails and will charge those they find out there. That is after an eager sledder had a collision with a pickup truck. I don't believe they were on a trail but damn everyone needs to be careful. While we were working on the trails Saturday we saw some fool running down a road near Coldwater... he had to be doing close to 100 KM. The OPP would have charged him for speeding and if he had to stop for someone coming out of a driveway... forget it.

I agree, unfortunately....some people do not and the best part is I'm the arsehole for saying something..

it's like the guy that cuts you off on the highway and then proceeds to give you the finger....

I agree, unfortunately....some people do not and the best part is I'm the arsehole for saying something..

it's like the guy that cuts you off on the highway and then proceeds to give you the finger....

:arsehole:

Been there... I even have it on the trails... I am riding safely at a safe speed, some yahoo comes roaring by me on a bend, almost runs into the guy coming the other way and then blames me for making him slow down and then end up running off the trail. Typically if I see someone behind me that wants to go faster I pull over and stop as soon as I see a safe spot to do so and let him pass but they are often too impatient for that.

Archived