35-45cm for Sudbury Dec9, 80+ cm snowsqualls later

FreezerBurnt

A bit too quiet Rick you must be slipping :wtf:

:woot: 35-45cm forecasted for Sudbury Tuesday night til Wed

They are saying it might be a rare Weather Bomb something that rarely happens over the Great Lakes

After that storm 80+cm :woot: for the regular Lake effect areas around the lakes

I was suppose to drive out to Sudbury today and come back Saturday but with this storm forget it :whatever:

Its cold out here -27now and -34 forecasted for tomorow night

It was -37 2 nights ago in Edmonton too

The long range weather forecast suggests it won't rise above freezing for some time.

Imagine if that snow sticks around :woot:

The long range weather forecast suggests it won't rise above freezing for some time.

Imagine if that snow sticks around :woot:

I am not imagining...I am praying. WOOOHOOO bring it. 8-)

FINAL FORECAST FOR THE FIRST WINTER STORM

Alright, I think most people are ready for the first "real" snow and it is on its way. This storm is a pretty massive Colorado low, that in the perfect case scenario would have given us all about 20-30 cm. In the worst case it could have been all rain for most of us. It is generally in between that. Sorry for people around the windsor area, because it will mostly be rain. And lucky sudbury where it will probably be 35cm of heavy blowing blizzard snow :woot: . For the GTA in detail: I think that the snow will start around 11:30 or so in the GTA. I think the snow will be heaviest from about 3 am to 8:30 am(2-4cm per hour as a snow rate at times). For the downtown core(south of about St. Clair or Bloor) I expect between 3-7cm during this time period. For the YYZ(Toronto), which I am suggesting is anywhere north of about St. Clair or so up to around to 401(about Wilson or so), I am predicting between 7-12cm with the more likely amount being about 10 cm(but more is possible). For areas north of the 401, all the way up to about King City or so(for those that don't know it is just north of Major Mackenzie) I am predicting anywhere between 12-18cm. I don't think it will be more than 20cm. Now after about 9 am I expect that the majority of the GTA will turn to a mix for maybe about an hour or so. Now latest indications are suggesting that after this we may get some moderate rain for 1-3 hours, but then we may get into a dry pocket, whihc would not melt the snow as much. I think that if we get into this dry pocket(could still be some showers or snow showers) I expect this to be from about 2-6 in the afternoon, before we return to light snow for a good few hours. In total I expect that for YYZ(areas near the 401) to accumulate anywhere between 9-18 cm by 2 am Thurs. morning, but the snow that will be on the ground afterwards will probably range from about 4-12 cm. If anyone has any questions or would like me to give a forecast for their specific area in southern ontario, fell free, otherwise enjoy the next 24 hours everyone!

Sure it will be nice to ride in Sudbury IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO GO, they won't be grooming for awhile but bush road riding will be fun. Just becarefull when early season riding :coffeenose:

Just like the kids in the back seat of the car with are we there yets.... "Are the trails open yet?... Are the trails open yet? ... Are the trails open yet? ...

Archived