Baxter Snow Riders Trail Work C-trail Saturday Nov, 28th 10a

Yukon

Well after spending this past weekend knee deep in the mud , I thought maybe we'd do another work party for this Saturday so we are looking for some volunteers.

This time on higher ground !

We will be brushing C-trail from Port Severn to Coldwater , bring rubber boots , Chainsaw if you have one and safety gear . You will require a Quad for the day , but we can bring a couple people in if we are given notice ( won't turn anyone away who wants to volunteer) .

We will be meeting at H/S Amco formerly the shell station in Port Severn at 10 am sharp and then trailer out to the trail from there .

Here's the directions http://www.baxtersnowriders.com

I'm Looking forward to another great weekend with some awesome volunteers !

Lets get her done !

Paul

Yesterday myself and a few other volunteers set out to work on a section of C-Trail from Port Severn to Coldwater , again we were dealing with lots of water on the trail but not as bad as what we dealt with last weekend . We managed to get what water we could moving , and spent some time clearing/brushing and moving dead fall at the same time filling in some of the low lying areas with debris . It was raining of and on for better part of the day so we ended the day a little earlier than planned .

Here are a few picks from the day , just wish I had a few more to share .

Kenny clearing some brush back from the trail .

Nov28th001-1.jpg

Kenny and Neil dropping some brush into the water holes to help with freeze up , 3ft deep in the center and knowhere to drain .

Nov28th002.jpg

Club member Sixmilehi and Kenny discussing the stench coming from the water .

Nov28th003.jpg

Here's a post from Sixmilehi on our club forum from Thursdays trail work .

Archived