Sorel Glacier Boots

revrnd

Does anyone know of a store in the GTA that may carry these boots in a men's size 10? Royal was sold out 3 weeks ago (mail order & the Guelph & Innisfil locations). I called again today & that's all for the season. No winter boots on the Bass Pro website. I haven't checked @ LeBaron's or Gagnon's yet.

Mind you @ the Innisfil store if Herman Munster showed up he'd be OK as they had a lot of 14s & 16s :banghead:

If worse comes to worse are there any boots that would be just as good? The sister in law has these boots & is happy w/ them.

marks work warehouse was carrying sorell, havn't been in for a long time to know for sure

I use baffin snowmobile boots i picked up from canadian tire for around the c-note had them 3 seasons dry and warm no compliants

Marks Work Wearhouse carries Sorrel Boots

Last time I was at the Work Wearhouse in the Oshawa center they had a good selection of the Sorel Glacier model. Not sure what they have in stock now...good idea maybe to call ahead. It might be good to emphasize "Glacier" as to the sales help there, one boot is the same as the other....

I bought a new pair after Sorel was bought out by Columbia and they are as warm as the ones I had before this happened.

You have fine taste in footwear...the Glaciers are the 2nd warmest boot after the Acton Chimo... :) .

I've owned my "Altimate Black Hawks" for 3 years now and still love them.

The most comfortable and warmest boots I've ever owned.

Before that I had the "Winter Boots" as listed at the link below.

Had them under the Baffin name for 10 years and they were awesome as well.

They have some great special pricing right now.

Dave, the owner is a sledder as well and designs each boot himself with sledding in mind.

A great guy to talk to. They're located in Toronto so there's no cross border customs crap to deal with.

I checked the OC store & none in stock. LeBaron's in Markham only had size 10s in white. I ended up getting the Sorel Bobcats which are rated down to -40. I have no idea what my old boots were rated @ & I never had cold feet w/ them. After our trip up north I'll let you guys know how they worked.

I checked the OC store & none in stock. LeBaron's in Markham only had size 10s in white. I ended up getting the Sorel Bobcats which are rated down to -40. I have no idea what my old boots were rated @ & I never had cold feet w/ them. After our trip up north I'll let you guys know how they worked.

Revrnd, with the Sorels, their liners are what they are rated for. So if you want warmer boots, just buy their -60, -90, -100, or what ever you want for whatever you want. I personally have the -100 liners in mine and I just need to wear normal everyday socks when I go riding.

So if you want warmer boots, just buy their -60, -90, -100, or what ever you want for whatever you want.

This will work to a certain extent...however the extra thickness (i.e. 13 mm verses 9 mm) and make up of the material of the interior boots of the Glacier makes it very difficult to squeeze into other boots and have the foot fit properly if at all.

Bro checked @ the Peterboro Marks Workwear & their computer said the north Oshawa store (I had forgotten about it) had a pair of Glaciers in my size. They called & the computer was right. Picked them up after work.

So if you want warmer boots, just buy their -60, -90, -100, or what ever you want for whatever you want.

This will work to a certain extent...however the extra thickness (i.e. 13 mm verses 9 mm) and make up of the material of the interior boots of the Glacier makes it very difficult to squeeze into other boots and have the foot fit properly if at all.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! oops. Thanks for reminding!

Archived