Elliot Lake trip

snowmanII

We just returned home from a 3 day ride around the Elliot Lake area. I want to thank the GREAT Crew at the Dennison House, they do an awesome job. Now to trail conditions. Day 1

F trail south to Spanish is groomed, but in bad need of snow, the farther south you go the thinner the snow. (we did not ride the lakes into Spanish) D from Spanish to D108 is really bad (the groomer had issues and really tour up the trail) D108 is NOT open, no matter what the local club tells you DON'T ride it.

Day 2

F north to the upper "fisherman’s parking" is in great shape. Then F turns into a logging road for 10 miles (be careful of logging trucks they don't stop) the trail has been scraped and sanded, after the 10 miles F is in good shape, not groomed lately, but almost no traffic so it is not torn up. then F turns into the access road to the hydro dam. (that section is also good.

Day 3

F south to EL3 was great. EL3 south to Iron Bridge great, just groomed. IB134 south to Iron Bridge has been packed and groomed, but still in bad need of more snow. We came back the same way. D East is not open yet, and 107? North is not open yet.

well that is all I have. Thanks to all the locals for the hospitality

Hey Snowman....what can you tell me about the Dennison House, I am looking for a place to stay in Elliot Lake for one night the third week of February, also is ther any news on the ice trail over to Manitolin Island?

My pics are a little too large I guess, I'll try reducing them. I was not able to attach them when I wrote the post. I'll try again.

The Dennison house is great 19,000 sqft. Lodging includes both breakfast and dinner (the food is GREAT) I'm not sure if the price for 1 night would be palatable.

Archived