Gravenhurst or Bracebridge Ride on Saturday

Izzy

I quote from this page . Haliburton forest is frequently referred to as "Ontarios Snowmobiling Wonderland" Consistently superior snow conditions at the top of the Algoquin Dome aided by North Americas only mobile snowmaking assembly ...

Friend went out to Gravenhurst, rode all day says the base is icy but the logging roads are exellent with lots of snow off trails for fun along the way

Friend went out to Gravenhurst, rode all day says the base is icy but the logging roads are exellent with lots of snow off trails for fun along the way

What trials would be considered logging roads?

Which trials are the best for staying off the roads?

Thanks, I want to go up today but can't leave until later so the forest is not really an option!

I just checked no more permits available for today.

Izzy

Well I went to try the trials starting at Gull lake Park. Being a first time trail rider I was pleased, yes the roads were bare to get to the trial but not too bad.

I went from Gull Lake Park to where the 101D intersects Winhawa Rd. I decided to turn back because I would have had to stay on the road for 1KM and from what I saw it looked like it would have been 1KM on gravel/sand.

Turned around then took the trail towards Baysville over the bridge, which had one bare spot.

I then had to turn around becuase once met the road I didn't know how long I had to go on the roads until I found the trail again.

All in all I was please for my first trial ride, I did about 40KM not bad for a couple of hours.

Here are some shots of the 101D towards Bracebridge.

Thanks VMAXXED, your post was bang on!!

Izzy

1449_5120d325745aae282b46095911426efe

1449_373bd60a688a65aea739fdd8fc07f1f6

Archived