Report from Bancroft Area Please!

windsurfnut

You have got to be kidding? In Haliburton it is 10 degrees and it rained like a SOB. More warm days coming. Sadly...we have to face it, this year is over anywhere in Central Ontario.

• 2 weeks later...

I parked my sled after a decent ride last Monday. I didn't have to ride thru any water or mud, so I was happy. Pretty warm here in Apsley the last 3 days (including today). I know where after the last ride there will be some spots that won't have much if any snow left.

On Sunday I could hear a few sleds over on E107 :roll:

Just over 2900 miles for the season, so even though it was a shorter than hoped for season, I was happy.

You are lucky! The Haliburton trails have been closed since the beginning of March, off and on (mostly off). They were only totally open for barely six weeks all totalled. I did not even break 1000 KM's this year myself. Other committments, schedule and a lousy season were the major contributing factors.

Don't feel bad Freddy. I only got 1150km on and the wifey got 950km as well. Last year we both broke the 4k mark. Trails were only open here for 3 weeks straight and on and off a few days here and there. Everytime I wanted to go some-where it rained. Normally Feb and march are my best riding months, not this year, Grrrrrrr

No new sled next year either, I might even consider going back to boating. One more season for sure.

It was ok. Short but we took advantage of the good days. 3600 k for the season.

Archived