Parking in Alban or near??

sledhead600

I was wondering if there is anywhere close to the trail to park and launch near Alban. I'm going up to the bridges with my son on Sunday. Also does anyone know how long it will take to get up there? It seems that the conditions are OK but any info about the French River area would be appricated. This is the first time that he is getting out with me. Every other weekend I've been working or the conditions have been crap. This trip was planned for today but with the weather the way is was had to delay it until Sunday.

We've been to the French area a couple of time this winter. It seemed to have missed a lot of the warmer crap. Trails were fantastic both times. Stayed at the Owls Nest. Lot's of different directions you can go, both long and short. Enjoy>

I was wondering if there is anywhere close to the trail to park and launch near Alban. I'm going up to the bridges with my son on Sunday. Also does anyone know how long it will take to get up there? It seems that the conditions are OK but any info about the French River area would be appricated. This is the first time that he is getting out with me. Every other weekend I've been working or the conditions have been crap. This trip was planned for today but with the weather the way is was had to delay it until Sunday.

Haven't been up there this year, but here are a couple of possibilities for parking....I'm reading from your post that you're just going up for the day?

There is an interpretive center just south of the French River highway bridge that is closed for the winter, but I was told their parking lot was plowed for fire truck access. The main trail runs right beside it, in behind. Another place might be at the corner of highway 69 and secondary highway 607 adjacent to the old Champlain Hotel - which has been closed. (north of French River highway bridge) You could go up the road a bit and park on the shoulder or maybe the hotel lot if plowed. The main trail runs right next to this location and crosses highway 69 right there. A few minutes south on the trail and you are at the French River sled bridge.

As for driving distance, don't know where you are, but French River is an hour or so north of Parry Sound coming up highway 400/69.

As for current trail conditions up there, haven't seen much on this forum, but there is a lengthy thread in the Ontario section of

crap...then drive to Owen Sound, half the distance and ride. West of Owen Sound is great. Drop basically anywhere you want, Owen Sound Marina lot, Georgian Bulffs office.

Find a parking lot near a trail and park it..On a Sunday. no one cares up here.

You can put all the miles you want to in and then some.

Archived