10-15 cm Next Wednesday???

Diceman

Wednesday calling for 10 to 15cm....was wondering with the ground frozen still how much does it need to snow to be open again??..was thinking that with the ground frozen we may need less snow to open as say in Dec or early Jan....some guys seem to think we maybe done for the year in K W area, hope not....Diceman

I don't know about KW but our base is gone here....and that snow next week might be just enough to get started. But I don't think we'll be sledding in this area for a couple of weeks. There was a lot of water laying in the fields with the thaw that we had and we'll need a week or so of solid cold temps to freeze them all back up.

I don't know about KW but our base is gone here....and that snow next week might be just enough to get started. But I don't think we'll be sledding in this area for a couple of weeks. There was a lot of water laying in the fields with the thaw that we had and we'll need a week or so of solid cold temps to freeze them all back up.

same here, saw the ducks swimming around in all lakes the fields have now. gonna take a lot more that 15-20 cms here :cry:

We need about 30cm to be able to open trails safetly in the kitchener area. We need a couple of snow falls a few days apart. All depends what kind of snow we get too, if it is really light and windy, it will all blow up onto fence lines. I think if we can open trails again it will be next week ie last week of feb. If that doesn't happen, it will look grim. I have never sleded past the second week of march in this area, without a good base on the ground. No base by the first week of march, clubs will probabily take stakes out march break, just my two cents.

Stick a fork in it boys and girls...we're done in district 5 and 9 for this year

Hope you are wrong but unfortunately I think you are bang on.....Diceman

Time to get the ATV'S out dam I put 3000 miles on my atv last year and only 2500 km on my sled this season I'm liking ATVing more all the time .

I don't know about KW way....but it's snow like crazy here!!! We've had alot of snow since last night.

Goderich - Bluewater - Southern Huron County

5:01 AM EST Thursday 19 February 2009

Snowsquall warning for

Goderich - Bluewater - Southern Huron County issued

Snow squalls developing this morning and intensifying this afternoon.

A very cold air mass with strong northwesterly winds is crossing Lake Huron early this morning. Temperatures will fall rapidly this morning and the open water over Lake Huron will generate snow squalls.

The snow squalls will intensify early this afternoon and this evening giving zero visibility and local snowfall accumulations near 20 centimetres possible by this evening. The location of the strongest squalls are forecast to affect areas from Goderich to Kincardine and 40 to 60 kilometres inland. The snow squalls are expected to continue into Friday morning.

Archived