Almaguin Survived the Meltdown!!

Giddy UP

Good News!

I received this email this morning - thought I'd pass the great news on!

Seems the cold weather and hard base saved our butts , trails are reopening this morning and the groomers have already left. May be the odd bare spot around Burks Falls but gennerally everything looks pretty good.

Happy Trails! :woot::woot:

We arrived yesterday at the cottage in Burks Falls, haven't been out on the trails but from what we could see driving by D123 it looked really good, no dirt showing, lots of snow cover left.

Should be a great day for the poker run!

The Sequin from Hwy 11 to Kearney was disgusting all weekend. We go by where the groomers are kept everyday and they were not moved all weekend. (We are on Clear Lake) It was family day weekend and we had company up for the weekend. So needless to say it was a little embarrassing as we had been bragging about how great the trails have been this year. In my opinion the trail grooming has been excellent so far this year,even the sequin and we all know how bad the sequin can be. On the plus side from Kearney to Sand lake over to Burk's Falls and back down to the sequin were excellent considering the meltdown. Hats off to the Almaguin Club poker run and their grooming. I realize there have been challenges after the meltdown but the other clubs groomed so our group of sixteen felt the sequin could have and should have been groomed. Also we went to support the Highlanders BBQ and nobody was there.????

Archived