Riding in the forest

DooGTXFan

I will be up in Haliburton Forest end of this month and was wondering about thier passes.

I know it 35 dollars a day for the driver, 10 per day for the passenger. My wife mostly is a passenger but every once in a while for a little while she likes to drive.

Since I will be the passenger at $35 while she drives at $10, do you think the forest patrol would give us a hard time for her not having a driving pass?

I really can't see spending 35 each per day when only one of us can drive at one time.

I really can't see spending 35 each per day when only one of us can drive at one time.

I agree. When we first got our touring sled, insisted Ms. Slomo learn the rudiments of driving it in case I had "the big one". I think this excuse would work with any of the trail patrollers...although I've never been there.

We've been there lots of times and my wife and I trade driving duty each time we're there.Never even thought about that. I'm trying to remember, not sure that they ask for any more than the Sled info anyway as you have to have insurance on your sled.We're doing the Poker run on the 21st,I'll know for sure then.

Kerry

Trail pass for the driver looks the same as for the passenger. In all the trips I have been in there, I have never been stopped by their wardens. OPP are in there more frequent now, make sure your papers are in order!

As I understand it, they are charging the additional for the sled. I would expect you will be fine. In any of my dealings with the Forest, I have always found them to be reasonable.

Archived