Round Lake Muskoka Tour - January 18th

14 snow

Headed out with a group of 4, with fresh snow overnight and snow continuing to fall and continued all day.

D north to Gravenhurst still had signs of Saturday’s traffic. After topping up our fuel in Gravenhurst we headed West on C101D. The first 7 miles were excellent and likely groomed over night. The next 4 miles or so through the marsh and over to Southwood Road definitely needs groomed.

C101D from Southwood Road to C114 into Bala looked liked it had been groomed over night and for the most part was in great shape.

C114 to C102D were is similar shape and light on traffic for a Sunday. C102D to Bass Lake road is very winding and appears to be lacking base based on the condition of the corners. At Bass Lake road, we had our only OPP stop of the day. A quick glance at out paper work and we were on our way. Bass Lake House was the lunch stop for the day. Food was up to the usual standards and it was not as busy it usually is on a Saturday.

The trip for Bass Lake house to Brandy Lake was well maintained and in good shape for Sunday afternoon. C102 East of Brandy Lake was listed as limited and it was that. It had been beat from traffic and actually needs for snow. The next section was similarly rough but improved as we got further east and closer to Bracebridge.

D trail from C102 all the way home was a decent but definitely needs groomed after the day’s traffic and snow.

All in all, a great 100 mile ride for January 18th.

I got stopped by the same OPP guys. They gave my 13 year-old a hassle for having a photocopy of his operators permit and said he should be carrying an original. Sheesh!

I got stopped by the same OPP guys. They have my 13 year-old a hassle for having a photocopy of his operators permit and said he should be carrying an original. Sheesh!

Well. He might as well learn that one now. I guess no different that a drivers licence on a highway is it??

Archived