Pembroke anyone???

shawnj

Just wondering on condtions in the area. Thanks.

I'll give a shot at answering my own post, this'll be a first. Was talking to friends and they said they went from Pembroke to Wilno and trails were pretty good. I haven't found out their exact route as to whether they crossed Golden Lake or not. I'll be finding out this next weekend first hand.

Rode Saturday from Calabogie to Deep River for lunch. Decent snow around Calabogie, but as we headed north/west on the A trail the snow got really thin. This was west of Renfrew, some of the plowed fields were almost bare with only frozen brown nuggets sticking up. We pressed on thinking it would get better, an it did. After a few bare fields we encountered excellent snow and groomed conditions...as good or better than you would see mid season. Pemroke, Petawawa, Deep River were all good. Can't comment on too much south of Pembroke, but the B railbed had good cover on it and was groomed flat. Overall I'd give it 8 out of 10, well worth the effort.

Shawnj the trails in and around Pembroke are in pretty good condition, a few rough spots here and there but quit rideable. I staked Golden Lake last sat and there was 10" to 12" of ice then, should be a good bit more now, the ice grossing has moved on both sides of the lake this year and is 6.2 km long but it is safe.

bmax

Thanks bmax. I was talking to friends that crossed both Round Lake and Golden Lake and like you said it was staked and the fishermen said lot's of ice too. I didn't here about the new crossing on Golden though. Where on both sides does this come onto the lake. I am use to coming out at the Bears Den is it, and having a bite for lunch there???

Shawn.

On the south side of the lake it is about 4 km east of where it went before , on the north side of the lake it goes through the yard at the Sands on Golden Lake (nice resort and good food). Round Lake is being staked now and should be ready for this weekend.

bmax

Bmax, can yout still get to the Bears Den at Deacon, I suppose you could if you run lake eh, never thought of that.

Archived