Warwick update

toddszr600

I guess I,ll just keep a running update in one post for the year, heres whats up today :wavey:

Still Closed

First off, the north groomer blew a heard gasket(we hope) so that has slowed down the packing. We were out moving some stakes today and the fields were pretty rough, hopefully the groomer will be back up soon and we can get the tops knocked off the furrows and everything packed down. Some good heavy snow on top of whats there and juuuuuusssst maybe we can have some holiday sleddin.

Cheers, Todd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3 of us couldnt wait any longer and went out yesterday (Sunday) from Aberarder School, the trail was staked and no trail closed signs present, but its mighty rough through the plowed fields and tolerable with in the fields with stubble. Turned around at Uttoxeter Rd and came back to the school at Aberarder. Grand total 20km. My advice, leave the sleds on the trailer or at home and pray for more snow and pray for the head gasket on the groomer....

Groomer is fixed, but as you said we have some real issues with plowed fields. Its gonna take alot of snow to fill them up, and as much as Id like to be ale to make that happen, I cant, so we just have to wait. Our poker run is the 25th so we want them open as well.

Todd

Ok, Finally :woot: , it beena toug go getting to this point with so many plowed fields this year, but we made it. Heres the official poop :wavey:

We can finally open on a LIMITED basis. Plowed fields can still make for rough travel so take it slow. We need a good wet/heavy snow that dosent blow away to fill in the furrows, so take care.

Cheers, Todd

Took my daughter out tonight for a ride.

Trails are really starting to shape up. Lots of traffic this past weekend.

Seen a grromer tonight...twice, LOL

Great job Warwick :D:D:D

just got in from doing the local tour, (both shacks). Groomer was coming into town, doing a nice job of the 6-7" of fresh snow we received over the day/evening. Should set up nice this morning........might go to Gar's in exeter for supper tonight.

Thanks f3 800, thats what we love to hear :woot:

So the update for today is again LIMITED, this is because there are still some places where guys plowed when there was alot of frost in the ground and there are still some big lumps frozen in place around the trail. We have moved some trails to avoid this, some have few options but are passable with caution, hence the LIMITED status.

These are very few, and most trails are in great shape. So have fun and keep your paper work handy as the OPP will be making there presence known in our area.

Dont forget the poker run this weekend, Sunday Jan. 25th

Ride safe, Todd

We are still listing as open.

Again I havent got out, working nights all weekend :curse: , but I just got off the phone with a guy in the groomer and its holdiong up ok, sun is hard on some of the thin spots, so hopefully we get some snow on top of this and it will shape up again.

Todd

I see that too.....I am off Friday....I think we might trailer to Wyoming and give er he!! before its all gone. Hows things around there Todd? Probably leave at Wyoming and head north to Wingham or Hanover.

Im hoping to have some good reports this week, not sure I,ll get out after I get up tommorow(night shift again :crazy: ), but planning Forest, St. marys, Exeter loop on wed. and maybe just a tour to Gars for lunch Thurs., so I,ll let ya know.

Cheers, Todd

Wow , what a day. 260 miles in d-5 and a bit of d-9. Forest to Lucan for fuel, St. marys to Seforth for lunch, loop around Bayfield, back down to Exeter to Gars for a quick warm up then home. Im pooped, gonna hit the tub, then flake out.

Everthing was in pretty good shape, a ton of snow in the Seaforth area. 108 was pretty beat south of Exeter, but most everything was pretty good. Always good to be back on the home trails, smooth running from Thedford back to the shack.

Didnt know it snowed here today till we got south of thedford :wtf: , blue skys everywhere else.

Anyway Im done, think I,ll go do it again tommorow :woot:

Cheers, Todd

Thanks for the report Todd, we are leaving at 9 am for Wyoming on Friday. Should be a good day of riding, probably put on well over 400 kms.

Had a great ride yesterday, Left Wyoming, rode to Strathroy, Exeter (Gars for lunch), Seaforth, Blyth, Wingham (Jags for early supper), Listowel, Mitchell, and back to Exeter (Gars again for drinks), Strathroy and Wyoming. 485 kms. Trails were smooth and fast on the way but got pretty beat up by the time we came back, which was expected with all the traffic. Saw the groomer near Exeter in the early afternoon, and Strathroy groomer at night. Overall the best conditions were in Strathroy and Warwick areas. Awesome job guys! We greatly appreciate all the work that goes into these trails and keeping them staked, and groomed. You'll never catch me complaining about the price of a permit thats for sure. Hope after this mild weather we can get it back eventually later in the season.

Archived