Where to park on HWY 2 Port Perry trail#6

Brander

Do you mean Hwy 12? The Heart of Ontario club crosses 12 @ Blackwater & Sunderland. Hwy 2 is nowheres near the PPSC trails.

You can park at the lot for Purple Woods Conservation Area, once your right on top of the ridges turn east on to Coates Rd, the lot is right there on the south corner about 100 yards from Simcoe St. You'll have about a 1/4 mile road scrap till you hit groomed ditch.

Best and safest place to park is at the PPSC Club House, it's only a few clicks east of Simcoe St. Just go north on Simcoe St another km or two from the Esso and go east on Shirley Rd, follow to "T" and make a right on Russel Rd follow south about 1 km and you'll see the club house.

Right on! Thanks Nutter

No probs, if your on PPSC # 6 wave when you go by the farm on the south side of the road between Ritson and Wilson Rd's .... my driveways long but I'll wave back if I see ya :wavey:

No its #2, maybe not a hwy. The sign on the road calls it Simcoe Rd. But says #2 on the map. Anyways I went for it and the owner at the ESSO there let me park on the property.

OK, even though I've lived in Durham all my life about the only Durham Rd # that I use is 57. Calling Simcoe St Rd 2 is confusing because what used to be known as Ont' Hwy 2 (parallels the 401) was downloaded by Harris & is called Durham Hwy. 2 :? .

No its #2, maybe not a hwy. The sign on the road calls it Simcoe Rd. But says #2 on the map. Anyways I went for it and the owner at the ESSO there let me park on the property.

OK, even though I've lived in Durham all my life about the only Durham Rd # that I use is 57. Calling Simcoe St Rd 2 is confusing because what used to be known as Ont' Hwy 2 (parallels the 401) was downloaded by Harris & is called Durham Hwy. 2 :? .

How about the Oshawa Rd, lots of Port Perry old timers still call Simcoe St that.

Here's an example from the other day .... made me laugh.

http://ppsc.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=706

LOL, never heard it called that. Then I don't think the folks had much of a connection to Port. More the Bowmanville area. Check the street from King St. (Hwy 2) up to Waverly by the CPR bridge ;) .

BTW, I've seen the trailer across from the Kubota dealer 1400 for a trailer w/ a homemade enclosure?

Archived