Weather sites?

Mossy

Can you guys tell me which weather site you use and which one seems the most accurate?

The reason I'm asking is one site says that the Goderich area is going to get over 30 cm!

And bring back the snow gage!

I go with EC too. The Weather network is terrible for predicting snow in these parts :x

Look at the expected precip.

While it doesn't explicitly say so on that page, I'm pretty sure Accuweather measures in millimeters. Their old site before the redesign always said it was in millimeters. :(

Still, I hope you are right!

The only thing I find with EC is on the weekend their predictions never seems to change. Maybe the rookie who has to work the weekend shift doesn't want to mess things up. I always check TWN and EC anyways and make an average of both.

TWN is like looking outside................Thats about all its good for!

The 14-day is pretty good, actually. The secret is to look at trends, not actual values.

But their snowfall predictions are terrible. I don't know why they even bother.

TWN is like looking outside................Thats about all its good for!

The 14-day is pretty good, actually. The secret is to look at trends, not actual values.

But their snowfall predictions are terrible. I don't know why they even bother.

I will agree with that!! For curiosity sake, I have been really comparing the daily forecast on TWN. Their forecast changes more often than a politician changes his mind on foreign policy.

At the end of the day, there is very low accuracy beyond three to five days. I had e mailed Brett Anderson at Accuweather asking him about snowfall and such for February. He was very good to e mail me back right away but stated to e mail him a few days before the actual start to February??? Why ramble on about these European models? and predictions for a three month period. Pure garbage IMO. The farmers almanac has been more accurate so far for my area.

They changed it anyway! Darn it!!!!! :twisted:

Things still look pretty good snow wise for the Haliburton area...no signs of another thaw there yet.

8-)

http://www.coolwx.com/ptype

unfortunately it is showing rain around next tues/wed.. .for about 24hrs.. very similar to the last rain storm in terms of the model, however much shorter and not nearly as warm... time will tell, but this will probably happen in my prediction. in some capacity it will get warmer, wetter and crappier for sledding next week for at least a short period of time.. lets hope REAL short!!!

http://www.coolwx.com/ptype

unfortunately it is showing rain around next tues/wed.. .for about 24hrs.. very similar to the last rain storm in terms of the model, however much shorter and not nearly as warm... time will tell, but this will probably happen in my prediction. in some capacity it will get warmer, wetter and crappier for sledding next week for at least a short period of time.. lets hope REAL short!!!

Thats a pretty cool site! It's in my book marks now!

EC wins out again. Accucrap and TWN both predicted no precip af any form for the area I sled in. I just checked the Haliburton webcam and it is snowing pretty good there now and has been most of the morning! EC was the only one who predicted 40% chance of snow. What a joke. :rotflmao: :fingers:

Archived