How is Haliburton Fairing?

Fred Quimby

Anyone know how Haliburton is making out with the rain and temps?

Most of those trails are tough to groom as they cover really rough terrain. They need a great base. Hope the snow in the bush holds out.

Friggin Mother Nature :evil:

I was in the Bancroft area on the weekend and on Sunday afternoon we had all ready lost a lot of snow. It will be all gone I'm affraid. Here in Barre, there was 2 feet of snow on the deck and now it is all gone. They are calling for another 15 - 20 mm of rain tonight. :oops:

Hey Rock;

I'm sure you know by now that it's baffed. I was up on the weekend. Good construction weekend !!!

Thanks Kenny....I hope the base held up okay. I see by the Haliburton webcam that they are getting some snow today and there is more in the forecast. The temps seem to be dropping at night now too.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as I have vacation planned from February 2nd until about the 14th. Was planning on a lot of riding.

HCSA website updated. All trails are still closed :(

They are clearing trails and working on them. Sad...they were one of the first clubs to open a few trails this year earlier on. Almost four weeks of open trails under "limited" conditions. Those guys worked hard!

Sadly..right now things don't seem to be any better than last year. There is snow in the forecast so, I will keep my fingers crossed that we get enough. :cry:

They are clearing trails and working on them. Sad...they were one of the first clubs to open a few trails this year earlier on. Almost four weeks of open trails under "limited" conditions. Those guys worked hard!

Sadly..right now things don't seem to be any better than last year. There is snow in the forecast so, I will keep my fingers crossed that we get enough. :cry:

Hey Fred

We are working our buts off to get trails open and ready for this coming weekend. The snow we have recieved last night and more falling to day will definitely help get some trails open. We have plans to groom the rail bed from Haliburton down to Kinmount Friday night. The amount of water damage on some of the trails is unbelievable. Trail #1 heading West from County Rd #14 suffered huge, our bridges at the beaver dam are completely under water and not repairable at this time and it's like that on a lot of trails. Keep watching our web site for updated information soon.

Pete

Hey Fred

We are working our buts off to get trails open and ready for this coming weekend. The snow we have recieved last night and more falling to day will definitely help get some trails open. We have plans to groom the rail bed from Haliburton down to Kinmount Friday night. The amount of water damage on some of the trails is unbelievable. Trail #1 heading West from County Rd #14 suffered huge, our bridges at the beaver dam are completely under water and not repairable at this time and it's like that on a lot of trails. Keep watching our web site for updated information soon.

Pete

All that tough slugging is very much appreciated Pete - you and the club deserve a lot of credit for what you've been able to do this year. Thanks !

Hey Fred

Pete

All that tough slugging is very much appreciated Pete - you and the club deserve a lot of credit for what you've been able to do this year. Thanks !

Anybody that rides the HCSA trails knows that is really tough terrain to get ready to open and to maintain through the whole winter!! It is sad to hear of all the water damage and such.

I am sure that with this group of hard workers, they will do their best to get things opened. All the work is well worth it. When these trails open, they are one of the best systems withing a reasonable driving time and distance from the GTA. GOOD WORK FELLAS!!

shake it hats off!!

what about the hydro line to whitney?

We have a crew of 5 volunteers going up the TOP B from Moose Lake to Whitney and back to do brushing and fill in any bad breaks in the trail on Saturday January 19, 2008 in the morning. I will know how things are once I here back from them on Sat. night.

The minute anything is able to open it will be posted on our site and the OFSC site under District 6

The base has survived just need the cold temps to freeze up the standing water and then let it snow.

Some Trails are Open Limited

A Huge Thank You to all the volunteers and groomer operators that have worked endlessly over the past week clearing trails of fallen trees, brushing and fixing the countless washouts caused by the rain and warm temps just over a week ago. We are very happy to report trails are now opening up today on a limited basis but we expect by this coming weekend to have a lot of trails listed as open!!! Watch for a major update Friday morning

This was sampled from the HCSA website. These guys have worked hard to achieve this. The second sledding season will open soon. Hope it stays this time!!

HATS OFF!! :D

Archived