Weather and Such

SkiDooStu

I'm trying to stay optimistic here.

Here's a fact... At the end of January in 1950, the temperature climbed to almost 18C in Southern Ontario for a few days. I'm really hoping that we see a return to cold temperatures. Accuweather and TWN seem to indicated another warming trend coming at the end of the month. Has anyone heard anything else?

PS Good job getting the forum back! I missed it. I think something is wrong with me. My brain turns to porridge everyday as I comb weather forecasts and snowmobile message boards and weather boards... Yikes...

I sadly sit in my window watching the snow slowly....slowly...slowly melt. We had more snow in Dec then all of last year and now it could be gone in another day or two.

this makes be want to sell my Doo...........NOT

Last year come this time I had 115kms, this year I have 1521kms :lol:

I hate to say it, but it looks like a typical La Niña year to me. We get rain and the west gets unbelievable amounts of snow. At least the warm temps will keep the lake primed for major snow delivery when it does cool down. :)

I was looking at Brett Anderson's comments on Accuweather, and it looks like the arctic air will push in and there will be snow again. There is also talk of yet another warm trend. I have an aweful feeling that this Winter will be worse than last year at the end of the day.

Say we get some serious cold towards the weekend, then some snow. The damage caused by this warmth and rain can't be fixed with just one or two snow days. I have heard ziltch about a major storm either.

We need as much snow again as we saw in December. So that puts us into February and the time to groom and set up. That to me translates into just a few short weeks of sledding. If you are lucky. Perhaps the lakes will never recover like last year.

Looks like we might have some snow for our OC Ride for Kelly! :D

I sure hope so.....or else....they better make sure the bar is fully stocked!!!! 8-)

Looks like we might have some snow for our OC Ride for Kelly! :D

I sure hope so.....or else....they better make sure the bar is fully stocked!!!! 8-)

That works, too! :D

Yeah this sucks the big one for sure. We had more snow in Dec then we had all of last season and it`s for the most part gone...unbelievable. So now we`re back to square one and I don`t thing we`ll see conditions like we did in Dec. Hopefully I`m wrong!

From what I've read from several different sources, Arctic air is coming back to stay. Of course you cannot put much faith in long range forecasting, but it's still re-assuring.

As for the new sled argument, I don't think I'd every buy a new snowmobile. Even on a "good winter" I still find it hard to put $15,000 into a sled. I'd put it into a car/truck instead. Don't get me wrong, I love sledding and I"m obsessed with it, but I could just never justify that unless I made a whole hell of a lot of money every year. I'm not the kind of person who is comfortable financing "toys." I laugh and laugh at some of the advertisements you see about how you can own a brand new sled for $99/month. They really do go after the economically stupid/disadvantaged as much as possible now don't they?

From what I've read from several different sources, Arctic air is coming back to stay. Of course you cannot put much faith in long range forecasting, but it's still re-assuring.

As for the new sled argument, I don't think I'd every buy a new snowmobile. Even on a "good winter" I still find it hard to put $15,000 into a sled. I'd put it into a car/truck instead. Don't get me wrong, I love sledding and I"m obsessed with it, but I could just never justify that unless I made a whole hell of a lot of money every year. I'm not the kind of person who is comfortable financing "toys." I laugh and laugh at some of the advertisements you see about how you can own a brand new sled for $99/month. They really do go after the economically stupid/disadvantaged as much as possible now don't they?

Yeh they do . I phoned a guy last night that bought into that he had bought something he can't afford to own in it's current condition (blowed up)sled is worth $2000. he owes 3500 he is trying to get 2900 and promises to pay off his loan eventually . This is a recipe for spreading the disaster I feel for the guy and have some interest in the sled but if he cannot clear the loan the bank or worse credit company can come and get the sled.

Archived