D102b to Baysville

toddszr600

There is a small wash out in the swamp, its very passable just bumpy. It should be fixed up soon, i spoke with the trail boss about it last night. Groomers were out last night, just not much snow to work with.

I crossed that section on Jan 25th ( at 10am ) the swampy section in question was just a deep depression , upon return 2 hours later the water had broken through and gouged out a wide water filled rut.  only the most inexperienced would have an issue getting across.

Your picture shows the area in question to be much more serious then when I crossed it on Jan 25th.. I can now see why that section of the trail is showing as "Closed".

Just another indication of just how challenging this snowmobile season has ( and continues to ) be this year .... I've never seen that swamp bust through the trail in all the years i traveled over it 

For anyone who is "in the know" please use this forum to post any updates on the section.

* I never investigated but does moving further right or left ( 30 -50 ft) help to make the crossing 

I see that as of today the "ITG" shows that not only the swampy section of D102B just west of Bayville to be "closed" , but also D103B south of West of Baysville all the way to Healy lake . This is certainly not a good sign.  Curious what has caused the expansion of the closed area?

Shows open on mine, my buddy rode it last night and said it was all fixed up and good to go.

Thanks for the update steve F6 - I guess the club updated the ITG sometime yesterday in the afternoon ...either way this is great news for our group .  we'll be travelling through that section of trail tomorrow morning en-route to check out the Ice Caves north of Kearney .