D108A Re route

Turbo Doo

By the looks of the groomer guys Facebook page,  it seems that from the warm up shack near the kaby river, there will be a bit of a re route this year.  His video from being at the warm up shack, shows no trees behind the shack now, as well as a new logging road in place..

Screenshot_20191123-195257_Samsung Internet.jpg

IQ, I think I noticed a fairly substantial bridge across the river to the east of where the trail crossed the Kabi last season. 

There is a new 120 foot bridge over that river.  The lumber company here has invested substantially (2 million +) in roads and bridges south of Kaby lake.  Almost all the winter wood for the mill this winter is coming across that new bridge.  You can now drive from Hornepayne to either Dubreuilville or Oba entirely off-highway.  On the other side there are also connections to White River and Hillsport in the works (approved but not completed).  With fewer mills wood is travelling further, it is cheaper for them if they can keep it off the highway (utilize dyed diesel and wide bunk trailers hauling bigger loads).  

I know it has caused some changes for the D108A trail south of the river.  I am not sure entirely what it means for them.  I know they are planning on using the East side road (100 Mile Loop Trail) as opposed to the west road they have used in the past few years.  

The lumber company has been very good to work with for us, and have paid to complete repairs to our trail (hired a contractor who worked under our supervision)  where their contractors caused us issues.  But our trail is not on the logging road itself (was twinned by the club years ago so as to not need to use the road when it was in use for logging) so there is a more definitive responsibility.  Hopefully they are able to work things out.  

• Like 2