Ran Tour

4mysled

Trying to plan the RAN tour starting next Thursday  to Sunday (Feb 1-4). Will be me and my son, first saddlebag tour for him. Have a cottage in Magnetawan and going to take back roads to Bummers Roost to get to the trails. Trying to keep under 200km a day. Would anyone have any suggestions of where to stay, looking at French river on Thursday night, and Saturday night in North Bay, Friday is undecided right now. This is tentative of course due to the trails being opened, fingers crossed. Any suggestions on the trip would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

4MY

This morning’s ITG status but updates should be coming in by Thursday and Friday.

Things hopefully will change but I really doubt that RAN will be possible in a week but the Clubs are trying for sure.

There are likely lots of wet spots that haven’t sufficiently froze.

North Bay never got the 15-20 cams that was originally forecast.

6E98248E-CC6D-4EE1-9DA0-3E85D53DEAAD.png

I am hoping for a change as well, but if not might do the GRT or Mattawa to Pembroke and back. Will need to find somewhere to drop off as we will be driving up Thursday morning and riding from that point. Crazy winter. 

19 hours ago, 4mysled said:

I am hoping for a change as well, but if not might do the GRT or Mattawa to Pembroke and back. Will need to find somewhere to drop off as we will be driving up Thursday morning and riding from that point. Crazy winter. 

Mattawa golf and ski can leave your trailer there no issue's if you stay one night. Usually most people snowmobile in so parking lot isn't usually very full at all. Call and ask Mike, he has never said no and I always eat in restaurant. Great starting location.  Other spot is dinner bell in bonfield has trailer parking too. I usually go to Pettawa and stay a night and come back. If trails are yellow and green better to start in Mattawa. Bonfield to pet is a long day on rough, low snow trails or you can go to deep river and stay at bears den, great spot too and is a nice ride from either location. Mattawa is my favourite starting point. 

Archived