B / D Trial North of Lake Dalrymple

MXZMike

6 hours ago, MXZMike said:

Anyone know why its still showing RED?  Was planning a trip from Lagoon City to GravenHurst. 

Mike

could make it thru orillia

I would not be holding my breath waiting for the B/D to open this season.

(Just my opinion. Not that I have a crystal ball, but I do have eyes and ears.)

I think WD has the right idea.

19 hours ago, Blake G said:

I would not be holding my breath waiting for the B/D to open this season.

(Just my opinion. Not that I have a crystal ball, but I do have eyes and ears.)

I think WD has the right idea.

Care to share why?

Kinda disappointing as I stage out of Dalrymple Lake so it cuts off a major artery North :(

Mike

19 hours ago, Blake G said:

3 hours ago, MXZMike said:

Care to share why?

Kinda disappointing as I stage out of Dalrymple Lake so it cuts off a major artery North :(

Mike

rough terrain,you could run roads & hook back up D

You ask Why I wouldn't hold my breath? Well, I am not privy to the workings of Snowcrest anymore, but I do know there are issues with B/D between Summerland Store and Black River Road:

1. A Landowner group has revoked permission for the use of Westview Subdivision Road, which was much of the B route up to Summerland Store. This has now necessitated a proposed return to an "old" route, which would require staking and crossing Riley Lake. Not sure if this will be happening or not......

2. IF Riley Lake is staked, the Snowcrest Groomer cannot cross it, so the ODSC would have to groom north to Riley Lake. I heard that Orillia has agreed to do so, but the terrain on B trail south of Riley Lake is notoriously difficult to open at the best of times, due to terrain and wetness. Several members of this forum know all about that section of trail, as they've spent countless hours working on it over the years. I'm not sure how good the communication lines are between decision makers at Snowcrest and ODSC.

A little further north on the same trail.....I've heard that volunteers with the Snowcrest club are trying this weekend to open B between Wood Lake and D near Three Mile Lake, but that only helps you if you can somehow get to D at Summerland Store. As WD suggested, when conditions are right you can do a ton of road running from the Sebright area up to Housey's Rapids. I did that a few weeks ago and it was pretty good at the time.

You might consider going to the Snowcrest Facebook page and asking about the closure. Or perhaps you will get an answer on here from someone speaking for Snowcrest.

17 hours ago, MXZMike said:

30Thanks for that detailed explanation!

Mike

we are leaving Orillia at 9 30 am heading to coboconk tomorrow...maybe  cross 35 & back thru norland

Archived