Kirkland Lake

Micar

Anybody ride in and around KL this weekend? How're the trails holding up, any road running etc... Thinking of heading that way middle of this week. Any update much appreciated. Also good place to stay on the trail with food on site?.

Thanks Mike

Find Golden Corridor Snowdrifters on Facebook for conditions.  Town roads are bare as they scarified all the snow with the slightly above freezing temps we've had this past week.  The Comfort Inn and the new Microtel are trail accessible from L109.  I wouldn't stay at the downtown KL Inn or Super 8 or whatever the latest re-branding is.

Thanks Ultra, I will check that out. Any advise on good loops or destinations?

I haven't been out to confirm conditions this year but a New Liskeard loop via Elk Lake is about 300km, a few other loops are available as well.  Red at Elk Lake is easily bypassed over Hwy 560 bridge. PM me for details.  Larder Lake via A109. Sesekinika via A108 north can also include a out and back trip to Matheson for lunch. Overnighters to Cochrane or Timmins are also easy 200 km days. 

Hey Micar, how did you make out at kirkland lake?  did you manage to make it up there.   i am planning on heading there next week for a quick 2 day trip with my wife and just wanted to see what you thought of the conditions and if there were many plowed roads that could not be avoided...

Archived