Distance question

jasv11

Was just trying to plan our trip this year up your way. Last few years we've gone to Wawa from the Soo in a day and then on to Hearst the next day.

I was wondering is it possible to run from Wawa to Geraldton in a day via Dubreuilville-hornepayne-hillsport?

And also from Geraldton west to Nipigon and back east to Marathon the 2nd day?

Then finaly from Marathon back to Wawa the 3rd day?

and also any problems for getting fuel along the way

Thanks

Jason

the west trails are not like the trails from the soo to hearst, i would expect to cover a lot less distance over there maybe half in some areas. A couple of years ago we rode from wawa to the hillsport hilton the first day, hillsport up to geraldton around past nipigon to gravel river. (way too far for one day over there) the next day we rode back to the Hilton since we enjoyed our first night there so much. If I were you I would take a little longer to make it enjoyable. I would say our second day riding over there was comparable or maybe harder than riding wawa to timmins in a day.

the west trails are not like the trails from the soo to hearst

Thats what I was wondering. You cant always use milage as a guide.

I remember the first time we went to hearst from wawa.....I thought theres no way we can make that trip in a day. But we did cause the trails are .....well......ahem ...faster then they are in muskoka.

Has anyone ever run from Nipigon to Marathon?? are the trails slower there too.

I haven't ridden thru there, but have driven Hwy. 17 from Thunder Bay to the Soo. Lots of up & down terrain (really big hills or small mountains :o ). I've read a couple of articles about that area in the past & it's definately not like the Northern Corridor.

nipigon to marathon would probably be the slowest section of it all, but definately the most scenic

the west trails are not like the trails from the soo to hearst

Thats what I was wondering. You cant always use milage as a guide.

I remember the first time we went to hearst from wawa.....I thought theres no way we can make that trip in a day. But we did cause the trails are .....well......ahem ...faster then they are in muskoka.

rode from wawa to terrace bay in a day, then from terrace bay to geraldton in a day and then to hearst the next day, very doable when there is good snow--hope this helps

Archived