LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT CARBIDES!!! HELP!!!

Turbo Burgo

17 hours ago, Turbo Burgo said:

Bought a brand Pro Cross Turbo Cat in the spring. Finally got a couple hundred miles on it and love it however the darting is nothing short of dangerous at speeds.

Now I have a big decision and a bit of an investment to make. The catch here is I want the best of all worlds... 

My criteria is as follows:

- Zero darting

- Zero loss of top speed

- Zero loss of fuel economy 

- Incredible cornering ability 

- Long lasting 

I'm considering the following but am open to suggestions...

- snow trackers

- bergstrom triple points

- qualipiece cobra heads. 

New skis aren't an option or in the budget. I'm currently running the stock cat skis and junk stock carbides.

My riding consists of 80% aggressive trail riding and 20% lake running. Zero off trail.

What works well on the pro cross turbos? What does everyone suggest? Has anyone tried all 3? Looking for real world experiences, stories and feedback, not Internet engineers! Lol

I use cobra carbides on my 2013 turbo no darting issues

7 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Steering effort is affected to large extent by how long the bar is behind the spindle pivot.  The longer the bar, the more force is pulling the the skis straight right out of your hands.  If you trim the rear length with a zip cut blade and reduce the "caster lag", the high steering effort goes away.  You can trim almost any runner in this manner.  You don't just have to accept that the way they come out of the package is the way they have to be run.

BP

Did exactly that today on the new Qualipiece rods I put on my 6.9's.  They were badly used on the center keel, did some doctoring with the grinder to get them tucked in as much as possible, with as little "raised" portion behind the aft mounting bolt.  Been working on a darting issue of my own since I own my sled, last night was better with the 6.9's than it ever had been in similar conditions with the Flex's.  This thing was just suicidal on hard pack ....

I swapped the skis around so the side carbide was outboard, and put a set of mildly used GT-SE oem carbides (with like 1/2" hose bar).  Reset the alignment after bashing the butt end of a rail last night, and found a way to put more pressure at the front of the track with some shims (oddball ARM rear skid).  Anxious to see the results.  

6 hours ago, Running Wild said:

I would take handling on a trail over top speed any day.

RW

What HE said .....

Archived