Which part of the D was closed north of bracebridge?

AdamGamble

Can some one post a pic of the part of the D trail that is in question to be open or closed just north of bracebridge? We do a large family trip there wonder if we are going to run into problems. 

When you ride north out of Bracebridge on the D-trail, just past all the residential area, you come across the Sno-Bombers grooming garage. The trail makes a hard left into the forest and this is where they fenced off the trail last year making it impassable. I spoke to a guy who knows that landowner and from what I understand, the issue is still not resolved. There is no other trail around this area. Trailering is the only option.

In the photo below, the trail was closed at the hard left ( beside the road 4 )

Carmen

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 8.56.53 PM.png

So we are close to where c102D and the D meet. Sounds like we will have to go north only?

Picture from last February, right beside the Sno-Bombers groomer shed, as described by Carmen (Redfire427), above.

There were countless sled tracks going past these trail closed signs. A couple of days after this photo I checked again, and there was caution tape and fencing erected, but tons of new tracks around and through the barriers.

2016-11-21 21.00.06.jpg

From Sno-Bombers three weeks ago.

I have no personal knowledge about this issue, only rumours plus what the club said, below.

Likely best to ride responsibly, help clubs when possible, and let the clubs do their best to negotiate with landowners on our behalf. Fingers crossed for a D route going north out of Bracebridge.

sno bombers oct 31 2016.jpg

17 minutes ago, Blake G said:

2016-11-21 21.00.06.jpg

Ya I know that spot. We are about a couple minutes north of that.

sounds like going south isn't an option lol. 

Archived