Kennisis Lake - Windermere Cottages - WARNING

revrnd

Has anyone heard anything about this place? Bro & some of his sledding buddies stayed there back in the mid 80s. I guess it wasn't an enjoyable experience. No internet presence.

We stayed there in '12.  STAY AWAY!!!  It is a dump!

We stayed there in '12.  STAY AWAY!!!  It is a dump!

So I guess nothing had changed in 26 years.

I think the cobwebs in the closets were older than that!

Wife & I stayed there several years back.They had several cottages on the lake (Kennises). We chose the smallest (cheapest) one. We called it the hobbit house. Old log built...so cold that our clothes that hung on hooks on the wall were frozen to the wall when we woke up in am. 12 in. tv had coat hanger for antenna. One fuzzy channel.

The attraction was that we liked to sled the Hali Forest early in season & late season as they were the only trails open, & Windemere connected to the Forest by a trail only 2 minutes away!

Last time we tried to look it up they were not available. Shut down to stay as a private compound. Too bad as it was a great location. Not much available in that area in so far as public accommodation.

We often stayed at Kennisis Lake Lodge, and it was MUCH better.  Still has easy access to HF, but the road is long and winding to get there.  Right Canuck :-)

Afterwards we stayed a couple of times @ the lodge back in the mid 80s. Nice spot.

Archived