MATTAWA

blown corner

Heading backpacking to mattawa tomorrow from kearney. I was wondering what was on the little loop off of A trail just below Mattawa .Also any other nice sights to see up there?. Curious thats all. And i see its red as well. Don't take my group heading north on D as a bunch of wahoos if anyone sees us with our luggage strapped to our backs! LOL  Thanks ahead.

Tried that trail a few weeks ago looks like logger in there as it was plowed, ended up turning around. Better to run the Miossing Link club trials 197 and 195 also the 136 through Collins Pass is a lot of fun.

A trail to Mattawa was quite good. A small section of logging for about 1km. We are in Mattawa tonight at Vilois.Tomorrow we return to Nippising area after seeing the mica mine.

Just thought I would give a few more details about trail 136, collins pass and trail 137. The 137 has a trail end sign as the trail through Collins Pass is not a OFSC trail about 1 km of ungroomed trail. Plus there is a very icy steep hill and it is better to come down the 136 (also has a trail end sign) and down Collins Pass to trail 137. I came through Collins pass the other day on the 136 side and the steep hill was icy.  Plus there is a single lane bridge at the bottom. Some sledders may not like that 1 km of trail. 

Archived