FYI - No Gas in Denbigh Ontario this winter - 41 Stop is closed

sledzz

In case anyone was counting on fueling up in Denbigh like previous seasons. All gas bars are now closed with the most recent closure being the last, 41 Stop on Hwy 41 beside the LCBO

In case anyone was counting on fueling up in Denbigh like previous seasons. All gas bars are now closed with the most recent closure being the last, 41 Stop on Hwy 41 beside the LCBO

tssa at work?

tssa at work?

TSSA has certainly given him grief over the past few years and I am sure is partly to blame for his demise. Regulated to death, Impossible for these small mom and pop shops to keep up with or afford the B. S.

I've stopped there a bunch of times in the passed. Use to meety ex-wife there as a drop point for my son when they lived in Petawawa.

The old guy who (I figuted) ran the place came out and yelled at me once saying I was using up parking lot space for his real customers. So I aways bought a coke or something after that from him and he was happy. But the lot was always empty around the store in the summer time...

Maybe the ownwrs has decided to retire, or worse someone has passed on to the next world and no one else wants to run it. Might be TSSA, or it could just be a fact in the world, there is just no traffic to support it anymore.

There is a brand new Petro Can at the south end of Bon Echo, and a bunch of name brand stations in Eganville and Dacer.

In today's world of the ethonal issues, most people choose to stop at larger high volume stations and avoid the no name mom and pop places. I know I'm one of those types of people.

My guess is its a little bit of all this.

The old guy who (I figuted) ran the place came out and yelled at me once saying I was using up parking lot space for his real customers.

Brother of the old witch that ran the Shell in Barry's Bay? She used to yell @ sledders to not run over the air hose for the "gas pump bell". I recall being there when someone yelled back @ her about leaving it out on the ground during sledding season.

Archived